PDA

View Full Version : Rupes LHR 19E Rotary

Pages : [1] 2

Dr Oldz
07-13-2018, 09:40 PM
When is this thing coming out already? I am actually looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

I learned to buff paint with a rotary polisher about 30 years ago. I learned on a dinosaur even back then. There was a switch for only 2 speeds. The speeds were ludicrous and super ludicrous. Seriously I would guess 2500 and 3500 RPMS. It was heavy and bulky and would damage paint is a heartbeat if you didn't move fast enough. But that is the tool I had available at the time and I learned to use it.

I enjoy using a Rotary polisher still to this day. While I do use DA's there is still a place for rotary polishers in my arsenal.

Now in the modern day I enjoy using a speed of 600 RPM's for final polishing..... This new Rupes claims even slower(450)!

Looks like a great machine. Personally not so big on the 19 Ft cord but it isn't a deal breaker.

Anyone else plan on getting one?

Vanquish Auto
07-18-2018, 12:39 PM
Last update I got was September 30th

Dr Oldz
07-18-2018, 01:28 PM
Ugghhhhh.
Thanks!

Vanquish Auto
07-18-2018, 01:34 PM
I know how you feel.
No problem

DaveT435
07-18-2018, 02:55 PM
When is this thing coming out already? I am actually looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

I learned to buff paint with a rotary polisher about 30 years ago. I learned on a dinosaur even back then. There was a switch for only 2 speeds. The speeds were ludicrous and super ludicrous. Seriously I would guess 2500 and 3500 RPMS. It was heavy and bulky and would damage paint is a heartbeat if you didn't move fast enough. But that is the tool I had available at the time and I learned to use it.

I enjoy using a Rotary polisher still to this day. While I do use DA's there is still a place for rotary polishers in my arsenal.

Now in the modern day I enjoy using a speed of 600 RPM's for final polishing..... This new Rupes claims even slower(450)!

Looks like a great machine. Personally not so big on the 19 Ft cord but it isn't a deal breaker.

Anyone else plan on getting one?

I've been waiting patiently as well. I have a PE-14 which is a great machine. Also want the slower RPM. Sounds like it will run very strong at the low RPM.

Dr Oldz
08-20-2018, 04:26 PM
Now I heard it’s delayed again???

Vanquish Auto
08-20-2018, 06:11 PM
January or February. I spoke to them the other day. Something about the wrong motors for them. So they pretty much had to start over. I still have my preorder. But I just ordered a Festool this morning

Dr Oldz
08-20-2018, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the update. This kinda of stuff is why I don’t own any Rupes tools. Seems they always have issues.

Farmallluvr
08-20-2018, 06:23 PM
I first used a Sioux with a big ol cast aluminum body and it weighed 20lbs or more,,or it felt like it at the time,,lol

After I wheeled out a few back row bombers they let me use the nice Milwaukee,,which I bought one like it and used it since 1993.

In fact I just used it today and will tomorrow,,I just like it better than my Makita for some things

Vanquish Auto
08-20-2018, 06:36 PM
No problem. They said the reason they are doing it this way is so they won’t have recalls or just get a few in stock at a time. I understand why they would do this. I’ve always loved Rupes. But this deal with the LHR 19E is some BS. We’ll the preorder part is BS. I’m still waiting to hear on the Skorpio. But that thing seems like a myth anymore.
I’m happy with what I ordered this morning. The specs are comparable to LHR 19E. So I’ll be happy with it.

PaulMys
08-20-2018, 08:24 PM
January or February. I spoke to them the other day. Something about the wrong motors for them. So they pretty much had to start over. I still have my preorder. But I just ordered a Festool this morning

Festool Rotory?

Talk about some quality tools.

Vanquish Auto
08-20-2018, 08:32 PM
Festool Rotory?

Talk about some quality tools.

Yes. I’ve been looking at it for awhile. When I heard the news about Rupes. I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on it.

PaulMys
08-20-2018, 08:35 PM
Yes. I’ve been looking at it for awhile. When I heard the news about Rupes. I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on it.

I use quite a few of their wood tools at my cousin's shop.

They are incredibly made, and work flawlessly.

Vanquish Auto
08-20-2018, 08:41 PM
I’ve read good things about them. That’s why I decided to go with them. Plus they stand behind their products and offer a good warranty. I wish they made more tools besides the rotary.

PaulMys
08-20-2018, 08:52 PM
I’ve read good things about them. That’s why I decided to go with them. Plus they stand behind their products and offer a good warranty. I wish they made more tools besides the rotary.

They are always innovating. My cousin is totally into their lines, so he is always sending me links.

He has invested roughly 30k in Festool, and has not had one hiccup so far.