PDA

View Full Version : Removing Armor All from leather wrapped steering wheel?

SupaDoopa
07-12-2018, 03:25 PM
I just added a new-to-me car to my stable, and the dealership went crazy with the Armor All as part of their "reconditioning process". What's the best way to remove it without compromising the look, feel and durability of the steering wheel? Trying to get it back to the matte look and nice soft feeling it would have when new.

pharden
07-12-2018, 05:02 PM
I just added a new-to-me car to my stable, and the dealership went crazy with the Armor All as part of their "reconditioning process". What's the best way to remove it without compromising the look, feel and durability of the steering wheel? Trying to get it back to the matte look and nice soft feeling it would have when new.

I would try some diluted APC first and see how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Calendyr
07-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Hum... from trying to remove armor all from wheels, I really doubt diluted APC will do anything. But you can try it.

I would contact Armor all and ask them. This product is very hard to remove and since it's on leather I can't think of anything gentle you can use.

FUNX650
07-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Personally, I’d go with products specifically
formulated for cleaning leather. (Don’t forget
to use a leather protection product afterwards)

IMO:
Leather Masters has products that
cover both scenarios—in spades!

Leather Master Leather Care Products, Auto Care Master, Leather Master Car Interior Leather Products, leather care, leather cleaner, leather (https://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-auto-care.html)

Bob

OMGClayAiken
07-12-2018, 07:36 PM
I'd probably try OPC 5:1 , and if that didn't get it then step up to 3:1. Might try carpro inside as well. But optimum power clean never ceases to amaze me and I'd bet it would do just fine removing armor all.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

JCDetails
07-13-2018, 08:42 AM
This is an ideal task for D181, in my opinion. That or Gyeon Leather.

Either should be strong enough to cut through the armor all without damaging the leather in the process.

Calendyr
07-13-2018, 02:47 PM
Hope the OP keeps us posted ;) Really curious to know if he found something to do it. Or not.