PDA

View Full Version : Possible to pull muscle in foot?

Pages : [1] 2

Surfer
02-10-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't know what I did but the other day my foot started hurting like hell when walking, I didn't exercise or do any other type of extraneous activity. Anybody had something like this happen? Friends are Podiatrist but I'm to busy, just want to make sure my foot isn't going to fall off :D

D
02-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Of course it is.

Surfer
02-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I've seen friends hurt feet etc in sports, my pain is comming from the middle of the foot on bottom, really have no idea what I did.

wytstang
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
It won't fall off just dangle a little :D

Jimmie
02-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Middle of the foot near the toes or the arch? There's a pretty common ailment that a lot of people get called "planters faciitis" (sp). It's an inflamation of some tendons. I've had it like a lot of others. A google might describe the symptoms.

Found a link.
Plantar Fasciitis - Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention (http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/529/main.html#SymptomsofPlantarFasciitis)

Surfer
02-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Middle of the foot near the toes or the arch? There's a pretty common ailment that a lot of people get called "planters faciitis" (sp). It's an inflamation of some tendons. I've had it like a lot of others. A google might describe the symptoms.

Found a link.
Plantar Fasciitis - Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention (http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/529/main.html#SymptomsofPlantarFasciitis)Clicked on link and seems thats what it is, hurts like heck. Except that link said it occurs mainly in the morning and goes away, my foot hurts throughout the day. I have one of those foot massager things you fill up with water and it vibrates and heats the water, seemed to help a little bit.

Jimmie
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Yep, really hurts. I feel for you. Mine hurt all day too. It took weeks to go away. One that helped was rolling an old coke bottle back and forth under my arch. Got that one from the Doc.

gary26
02-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Planters can be very painful. My doctor suggested rolling a can of frozen juice back and forth under your foot. The most important suggestion was to buy shoes with good arch support, like Brooks tennis shoes with linear support soles that come built in the shoes. See a foot doctor, even with treatment it can take awhile to go away

Surfer
02-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Planters can be very painful. My doctor suggested rolling a can of frozen juice back and forth under your foot. The most important suggestion was to buy shoes with good arch support, like Brooks tennis shoes with linear support soles that come built in the shoes. See a foot doctor, even with treatment it can take awhile to go awayJust spoke to my grandmother and she said it took a couple years for hers to go away, it would constantly come and go. Maybe if I put my hand through the wall it'll make me forget about my foot......this better not screw with racing :mad: ...I can see myself comming up to a corner fast and going to downshift and saying "ow that hurts" proceeded by me flying off the track

gary26
02-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Actually after buying the new tennis shoes it really helped relieved alot of the pain. Maybe your catching it in it's begining stages and just shoe correction will make it more bearable. Good luck, don't hit the wall then you'll have to problems.

wytstang
02-10-2008, 10:58 PM

Found a link.
Plantar Fasciitis - Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention (http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/529/main.html#SymptomsofPlantarFasciitis)
I had that for about a month, every morning it hurt to walk for about a minute then it would straighten up. Not even the 2 week vacation I took helped, it was adding 2 shoe inserts in my work boots and buying a pair of REEF flip flops ($40) that did it. Now in the mornings like a young old man my feet go straight into the flip flops and off I go. Try walking down the stairs with that foot pain for about a month not cool.

Surfer
02-10-2008, 11:01 PM
I had that for about a month, every morning it hurt to walk for about a minute then it would straighten up. Not even the 2 week vacation I took helped, it was adding 2 shoe inserts in my work boots and buying a pair of REEF flip flops ($40) that did it. Now in the mornings like a young old man my feet go straight into the flip flops and off I go. Try walking down the stairs with that foot pain for about a month not cool.No sh!t, I noticed today it felt better with fip flops then shoes/or the nice casual type dress shoes I wear with jeans/slacks when meeting clients. We have a project we're working on that has the Navy and foreign countries interested in (can't say anything for now :D ), guess I'll have to call them tomorrow and let principals know to expect me on Tuesday in shorts and flip flops lol

wytstang
02-10-2008, 11:19 PM
The Reef flip flops are very very well padded and helped 10000000000x more then anything else. I'm glad I loosened up the purse string a lil and paid for them lol.

Surfer
02-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Now I've got an excuse to wear flip flops everywhere :D

Jimmie
02-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Actually after buying the new tennis shoes it really helped relieved alot of the pain. Maybe your catching it in it's begining stages and just shoe correction will make it more bearable. Good luck, don't hit the wall then you'll have to problems.

Same here. Mine started getting a lot better after I got new tennis shoes.