PDA

View Full Version : Stained Mini Cooper seats

Kial91
07-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Afew weeks back I detailed a customers interior who had a meat tray spill in their back seats resulting in a stain. I thought I got rid of it but had a call from the customer saying the stain had now come back. It looked completely gone by the time I had left last time but now need to go back and try again.

ive just purchased chemical guys lightning fast to try this time and I do have a very cheap extractor.

any tips on getting stains out which seem to return?

sudsmobile
07-10-2018, 08:23 PM
What spilled? You say meat tray. Was it like just meat that stained? If that's the case, I think the first thing I'd do is hit that entire seating area where it spilled with an enzyme cleaner. We use Rocco & Roxie. Extractors are great but there is simply no substitute for good old elbow grease. We use Folex. Spray it on liberally and then scrub the hell out of it with an hand size nylon brush covered in a terry towel. I just keep that up until the towel comes out mostly clean. Probably a lot of ways to skin a cat, but with any kind of protein stain, you need to treat the protein with an enzyme cleaner so it doesn't rot.

Kial91
07-10-2018, 08:37 PM
I'm not 100%sure what it was but think it was like the juices etc.
I'll give that a go and see what happens, thanks for the advice

oc412
07-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Afew weeks back I detailed a customers interior who had a meat tray spill in their back seats resulting in a stain. I thought I got rid of it but had a call from the customer saying the stain had now come back. It looked completely gone by the time I had left last time but now need to go back and try again.

ive just purchased chemical guys lightning fast to try this time and I do have a very cheap extractor.

any tips on getting stains out which seem to return?

it sounds like your extractor isn't powerful enough to suck up all of the liquid from under the fabric. The stain is probably on the foam under the seat and needs to be sucked up with something that has more power. High pressure steam and micro fibers work well for removing stains if you have one. Wrap the towel around the steamer and use it to clean and it absorbs liquid so it doesn't soak way down into the foam. If anything use a powerful shop vac to suck up what your extractor can't.

Mad Wax
07-12-2018, 09:22 PM
It sounds like the stain wicked up after it completely dried. If that's the case, it probably won't take long to clean, and I wouldn't get it too wet again. Treat just the outer surface fabric only. Dampen a microfiber towel with Folex, or laundry detergent diluted with water....or if you do have an enzyme cleaner, even better. Just rub that on the stain, and it will probably come right off. The cushion underneath is probably dry, and I would't wake it up again.