PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil Slick Mist

Pages : [1] 2

mingraygt
02-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Has anybody used this stuff before. I used some on wifes Yukon and it seemed to be real slick. We'll see what kind of durability it has. Here's what it looks like.
Lucas Oil (http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=79&catid=2&loc=show)

Al-53
02-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I have tried it..its a very good product for OTC...and very slick...I think its a better product than Meg's UQD...it takes a day for the slickness to get to peak...it seems to darken paint a tad also...I got it first as a free sample from the body and paint store I go to..and have bought it again since using it....it does do some cleaning also....it seems to loose it after 3 weeks....but not bad for 6.99 a bottle and a little goes a long ways

Al

mingraygt
02-10-2008, 04:45 PM
It made the Yukon real slick. It seems to have alot less dust to!

Rsurfer
02-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I have tried it..its a very good product for OTC...and very slick...I think its a better product than Meg's UQD...it takes a day for the slickness to get to peak...it seems to darken paint a tad also...I got it first as a free sample from the body and paint store I go to..and have bought it again since using it....it does do some cleaning also....it seems to loose it after 3 weeks....but not bad for 6.99 a bottle and a little goes a long ways

AlHi Al, went to their web site, but could not find an order button. Is this for OTC purchase only?

Al-53
02-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi Al, went to their web site, but could not find an order button. Is this for OTC purchase only?

you can get it at Autozone also...and pepboys if any left open....but I do know autozone carries it as I get my oil there and see it there..its on a end cap and not with the detailing supplies....just ask for it....or if any auto parts carries lucas products near you ask for it or see if they can get it

Al

ScottB
02-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Maybe it uses some of their own synthetic blend (5w30) ... j/k

Rsurfer
02-10-2008, 06:07 PM
you can get it at Autozone also...and pepboys if any left open....but I do know autozone carries it as I get my oil there and see it there..its on a end cap and not with the detailing supplies....just ask for it....or if any auto parts carries lucas products near you ask for it or see if they can get it

AlThxs for the reply Al, but we don't have an Autozone or Pepboy's here in Hawaii. We are kind of backwards in that respect. Maybe my next trip to Vegas I can find it there.

sparkie
02-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I sent some to Meghan for her to try. If Max likes it who knows...Good product IMO.....

mingraygt
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Easy on, Easy off.

jfsully
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I love the product...Have used for the last year or so. Very easy to use...no streaking....very inexpensive by the case.

There are boaters supply stores where you can buy it very inexpensively:righton:

ScottB
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Easy on, Easy off.

the oven cleaner is making one too :D

jfsully
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
and its obvious you know something about the kitchen:cheers:

mingraygt
02-11-2008, 07:20 PM
:D
the oven cleaner is making one too :D

img
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
This is an old post, but like many of you I continue to try everything.

Had the guy at O'reilley's get me two bottles.

Used tonight, and this stuff is super slick.

I may buy a case.

I polycharged it like some others have done.

HAD TO PUT MY EMERGENCY BRAKE ON, AS THE CAR WAS SO SLICK, I THOUGHT IT MIGHT ROLL DOWN THE DRIVEWAY.

ml13
02-28-2009, 04:49 AM
Not worth going through all that trouble for. Its a decent OTC quick detailer at best. Definitely not a big deal enough to hunt around for. Id sooner grab the prestone Quick detailer with carnuba for $3.00. Does just as good if not a better job. Or grab some poorboys QD+. Much better product,

Thxs for the reply Al, but we don't have an Autozone or Pepboy's here in Hawaii. We are kind of backwards in that respect. Maybe my next trip to Vegas I can find it there.