PDA

View Full Version : Best Quick Detailer

Pages : [1] 2

ferrari detailer
02-10-2008, 02:50 PM
iv'e been in the detaiing business for 22 years and i have tried every product under the sun. as far a quick detailer i have been using zaino's grand finale spray seal. i have a g 500 mercedes i drive every day and of couse it's black. every time i wash the car about every other day i use this on the paint after washing it works great but i was wondering if there is anything else that works as good and is not $20 a bottle.

Waxmax
02-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Many say DG's AquaWax is close to Z8 and much cheaper. I have been using Surf City's Speed Demon carnauba QD and their Hot Rod QD and they are very good. Also, for a quick carnauba booster, there is always Souveran Spray Wax....sometimes you can it for $15.

Brian_Brice
02-10-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't see any similarities in AW and z8, realistically if you're using z8 properly you should only need one bottle over a year or mores time, doesn't get much more affordable if you ask me, try using less product, half a squirt of z8 covers a very large panel.

onr diluted to qd form is a very effective cleaning qd, whereas I don't really see z8 as a qd to begin with.

Wolf-Strong
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Meguiar's UQD (M135) is probably the best QD I have used on black. Though I find doing a final dry wipe (very lightly) with a short-nap microfiber to really bring out the best in the car.

mixxer
02-10-2008, 04:22 PM
On black the best by far are quickshine and Surf City's Speed Demon .

Waxmax
02-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Neither Z8 or AW are QDs in the true sense...more like wax/sealant boosters. I have found AW to look very good and if I had to pick something as an inexpensive alternate to Z8, I'd choose AW. JMO.

Rsurfer
02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
FK 425 or AW mixed with FC&S.

Brian_Brice
02-10-2008, 05:41 PM
On black the best by far are quickshine and Surf City's Speed Demon .

Another very good anti static booster, smells great too. 425 is a great value by the gallon.

z8 and aw are so much different to me it's just silly to say they are similar, not saying anyone on this thread suggested that, I read what was posted.

z8 and aw have completely different smells, looks(product color itself), consistency, bottle, durability, heck the only thing they do the same is make paint shine when used.

Larry A
02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
There are a lot of good qd/spray waxs out there. These are the ones I tried and liked , AW, FC&S , Turtle Platinum , Perfect Detail , Autoint Fast Wax , Eagle One W&S , Eagle One Nano , Awesome Mist , Meguiars UQD , Wax Shop Slick Stuff , Mothers FX spray , Mothers Showtime , Meguiars # 34, I sure I forgot some but these all work great.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-10-2008, 05:50 PM
If you are looking for a TRUE QD (As stated AW and z8 are not QD's) to be used as a drying aid I would suggest fk425 (if you desire to purchase by the gallon) OR Surf City Hot Rod Detailer (if you like the sealant look) / Surf City Speed Demon (if you like the nuba look)

Both of the Surf City offerings I mentioned have equal/comparable cleaning properties as the f425 BUT both Surf City offerings provide a MUCH "slicker" look..

ScottB
02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Souveran Spray Wax, Clearkotes Quikshine, Finish Kare 425, Zaino Z8, Megs new 135, and Surf City Demon Wax are all must have products. All also work extremely well on damp cars for extra lubrication between drying with leaf blower and guzzler.

trhland
02-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Souveran Spray Wax, Clearkotes Quikshine, Finish Kare 425, Zaino Z8, Megs new 135, and Surf City Demon Wax are all must have products. All also work extremely well on damp cars for extra lubrication between drying with leaf blower and guzzler.my neighbors love when i crank up the backpack blower to dry the truck:Dim sure they think im nutts!! but its all good

Bill-SD
02-10-2008, 07:03 PM
FK 425 or AW mixed with FC&S.

I really like FK 425! What is FC&S?

Rsurfer
02-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I really like FK 425! What is FC&S?
Duragloss-Fast Clean and Shine

mixxer
02-10-2008, 09:18 PM
425 is one of my favorites but will streak on black some times ,quickshine and surf city will not.