PDA

View Full Version : Issues on Polishing Interior Black Piano Trim

spielwurfel
07-07-2018, 02:54 PM
Hey guys

I'm trying to polish the black piano trim that's on my Golf 7 steering wheel. It's full of small scratches and fine swirls. I did it using a Meguiars Ultimate Polish and a microfiber cloth (since it's a very wedgy and small piece of trim). The things now is that there's a slight haziness on the part I tried to polish, and I can't find a way to remove this haziness. The center piece of this small trim piece seems to be a little bit better (probably where I put more effort on polishing, I guess).

Should I try to keep on polishing the trim, or it won't remove the haziness? Should I stop and leave it to a professional?

Thanks!!

glen e
07-07-2018, 03:18 PM
you need a Finer polish thsn what you've used. You have microscopically scratched it. Try to fine finishing college like Meguires 205.

AZpolisher15
07-07-2018, 04:27 PM
You need some Meguiars PlastX. It'll fix you right up. It's a diminishing abrasive so work it through its cycle and wipe off when it begins to clear. I think it will give you results you're looking for. I'd recommend using a microfiber suede cloth (lens cloth). One to polish and another for final wipe.

The Guz
07-07-2018, 06:31 PM
Try with a foam applicator. Microfiber is a bit on the aggressive side.