PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a window sun deflector?

Pages : [1] 2

earl grey
02-10-2008, 08:03 AM
If so which one is a good one? I have a black car and Im thinking in the summer it will get HOT. Maybe one of these can help with that though.

HighEndDetail
02-10-2008, 09:20 AM
They help out alot, I use one for my clients cars. It drops the inside temps like 20 degrees, when you are working in the sun. I bought my at target for like 8$

Reddwarf
02-10-2008, 10:27 AM
If you are talking about the reflectors you put in the windshield when the car is parked then yes, they do indeed make a huge difference. I bought one from AG that fits my car and it is fantastic. However, I will admit that I have a cheap silver foil type one from Wal Mart on the truck and it works darn well too!

Jimmie
02-10-2008, 11:48 AM
A must for my cars in the summer. It gets hot around here.

Meghan
02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I had the Eclipse one in my Expedition and it worked great since it was always mounted on the window. You just had to reach up and pull the two together. Have not put one in the 300 yet but will soon, with summer coming and it being black...
and for "do they work?" I can tell a huge difference when I use it and don't. I find with the folder out one I do not actually put it up as much as with the one that is mount on the windshield. But that just might be my lazy butt!

NorahCRV
02-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Having leather seats in the Arizona sun, I wouldn't be without this!! (http://www.autogeek.net/heatshields.html)

Rsurfer
02-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Great Product!http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x229/rsurfer1/HoneysCar035.jpg

Brace1
02-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I use one all the time, even when it's not too hot out. Remember it's protecting from UV too, not just the heat.

Mine is straight from Mazda, but that Covercraft from AG looks awful sweet.

wytstang
02-10-2008, 06:07 PM
I use the cheap sliver foil one from wally world and it works great. The one Norah liked looks kick ass just out of my price range, or better yet more then I'm willing to spend.

Al-53
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
The one AG sells from Covercraft is the best ....I have one and worth every penny ....the cheaper ones do not keep it cooler..just blocks the sun...but they die off fast from the UV...the covercraft is well made and it does keep the inside cooler...

Al

Rsurfer
02-10-2008, 06:29 PM
The one AG sells from Covercraft is the best ....I have one and worth every penny ....the cheaper ones do not keep it cooler..just blocks the sun...but they die off fast from the UV...the covercraft is well made and it does keep the inside cooler...

Al:iagree:and it fits like a glove!

Bunky
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I have a Covercraft sun shade too. I just got it about a month ago so I have not had much of a chance to use it. Fits well and very rigid.

pt91
02-10-2008, 10:33 PM

Al

Agree! I have purchased one for each of our last 3 cars.

PopSmith
10-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I use one, for now it is just a cheap foil wal*mart thing but it does help for sure. I want to get a UVS or similar one that is custom fitted, hopefully I can get another job soon so I can get one. :(

On a side note, does anyone know of window deflectors or something similar for the side windows? I noticed at school that the sun seems to get into the passenger (or driver) side windows as well throughout the day and was wondering if there is anything to cover those windows, even if it is a separate shield.

Showroom Shine
10-14-2008, 07:01 AM
I'll agree with everyone else. I bought one from Big Lots for $4. It has some eyes on it. I did not realize how much of a difference they make.
Since I park in the sun at work,it keeps the car cooler. They also protect the dash and seats from discoloration!