PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Finishing Glaze

Pjstockford
07-01-2018, 06:50 AM
I bought a 2012 Honda Civic Si, Black, and detailed it a couple weeks ago. It came out great! I received some advice on this forum and went with the suggestions. I did the following:

Clayed
Foam gun
Wolfgang TSR with Flex & Lake Country Orange pad

Then I topped with Pinnacle sig series II to protect, as it sits outside.

Now I would like to use Wolfgang Finishing Glaze to completely finish my work. Do I need to use paint prep to remove the wax before I use the finishing glaze, or just wash, glaze, and then top off with the wax again?

MattPersman
07-01-2018, 07:02 AM
The name says glaze but it’s actually a fine polish. You can wash then use the Wolfgang on it followed by the pinnacle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWETM
07-01-2018, 07:47 AM
Are you not satisfied with the finish you got from the Wolfgang TSR?

If you are satisfied I would not polish with the finishing glaze as mentioned above it's a finishing polish. And if you are not satisfied with the clarity you got. A wash and repolish is fine to do. Then reseal with your prefered LSP.

Pjstockford
07-01-2018, 08:09 AM
I am satisfied to a point. I’ve never used the glaze and thought I would take it to another level as an experiment to see if I can achieve an even better look.

Pjstockford
07-01-2018, 08:11 AM
My real question is do I need to take the wax off with a paint prep or can I just start the finishing glaze process

Coopers ST
07-01-2018, 08:15 AM
The finishing glaze will remove the wax.

SWETM
07-02-2018, 06:48 AM
My real question is do I need to take the wax off with a paint prep or can I just start the finishing glaze process

Go ahead and polish with the finishing glaze. It will remove the wax.