PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for whoever can fab it...

MadOzodi
02-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Hopefully the Grit Guard folks read this and could come up with a solution. Or whoever has the resources to do this. Of course, it's just one of those crazy ideas that popped up in my head while ONR'ing my car this afternoon.

GRIT GUARD WASHING BOARD ATTACHMENT

Surely someone has thought of this before. I was making sure to rinse out my Chenile MF mitt as thoroughly as possible and thought, "Man, it'd be great if I had a vertical grit guard that I could scrub my mitt against."

I'm picturing something like a cone shaped grit guard, at possibly a 120* angle to the flat grit guard, that's flush to the side of one of the 5-gallon wash buckets; half of an upside down ice cream sugar cone.

I did a quick rough measurement and it couldn't be more than 10" tall. Oh God, I just thought about doing some geometry.

jmillican
02-09-2008, 11:10 PM
While I can't solve your problem, I have a variation which might be helpful. I use a 2nd Grit Guard and put it upside down on top of the other Grit Guard at the bottom of the bucket. When I go to the rinse bucket, I reach in and grab the top Grit Guard's vane and use the 2nd Grit Guard's surface like a washboard to scrub the BHB or wash mit and then get rid/squeeze the water on the ground, not back into the rinse bucket.

I remember watching a video of Mike Phillips demonstrating the 2 bucket method and I still don't understand why he would take the towel or whatever he was using to wash the car and wring out rinse water back into the rinse bucket. Why not just wring it out on the ground? Later, if you need more rinse water, just add some clean water to the rinse bucket. Am I missing something here?