PDA

View Full Version : Quick review Meguiar's Hyper-Wash

Pages : [1] 2

Don M
06-23-2018, 09:33 AM
I just received my Hyper-Wash from AutoGeek and used it for the first time this morning. The first thing I noticed was how THICK it was, like cold syrup ... very slow pouring. That being said, don't bother ordering the proportioner ... no matter how hard I squeezed the jug, it wouldn't flow into the proportioner, it traveled up the tube, but that's as far as it got.

Now that I've gotten all of the negative points out of the way, let's move on to the good points ...

I used 2 capfulls for 5 gallons of water (I filled the water into the bucket first, then added the Hyper-Wash), all I did was aim the hose into the bucket to build up some suds and before I knew it, the bucket was overflowing with suds. Meguiar's is right ... IT DON'T TAKE MUCH!!!

After pre-rinsing the car, I dipped my mitt in to the bucket, coming up with fistfuls of suds. The mitt just glided over the paint, no fuss, no drama. When I would rinse each section, you could see that the hyper-wash had rinsed off CLEAN, there were no negative effects on my LSP's beading/sheeting (Ult Fast Finish).

When it came to drying, every time I wrung out my microfiber drying cloth, I never felt any traces of wax or softeners or anything in my cloth and there was no streaking. Even the areas of the car (the sides) that air-dried before I could wipe them down, there were no water spots.

All in all, I'm happy with my purchase and with so little being needed to make a wash bucket full of suds, this gallon is going to last me for years.

PA DETAILER
06-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Indeed a good soap. Only 1oz per 5gal. I use the pump dispenser on all my gallon soaps. 1 pump is 1oz.

Universal Dispenser Pump, Gallon Pump Dispenser, half gallon bottle pump (https://www.autogeek.net/gallon-pump.html)

It's also great in a foam gun!

Don M
06-23-2018, 12:13 PM
Side-shot of the car after the wash ... Maxi the dog decided to come around the corner just as I was taking the picture to see what I was up to.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/tn_Side_shot_3.jpg

1500canoe
06-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Seconding the 1 oz pump for easy dispensing and measuring. What dilution ratio is adequate in a foam cannon?

Rambro
06-23-2018, 03:51 PM
I use this for all the cars I do for my detailing business and it is very economical and works very good. It does work great in a foam cannon to.

crovello
06-30-2018, 06:49 AM
I wish i had read this before wasting six bucks on the proportioner. I cant get that thing to work at all. Not sure why they try to add it to your purchase of Hyper wash if it does not work with that product. I think I will order the pump that others have suggested.

I do love the Hyper wash soap. It is slick feeling and foams up great. I have well water which is rather hard and I have always had issues with maintaining foam in my wash bucket. I have always assumed I would have to live with this or get a water softener. Perhaps it was the cheap car wash soap I have been using. I must confess to often buying cheap soap from my local suppliers thinking that soap is soap.

Dave

PaulMys
06-30-2018, 06:59 PM
Also, the cleaning power of HW is very, very good.

damonb10
06-30-2018, 10:17 PM
I've been interested in Hyper Wash for a while now. I currently use a different product from another manufacturer that rhymes with madams and it performs great. However, Hyper Wash would be much more economical. The problem is that I'm a little hesitant to buy something as a gallon without being able to try a smaller amount of it first. Does anyone know if they sell Hyper Wash in a smaller sample size?

GEM65
07-01-2018, 12:06 AM
This is my fifth gallon[emoji6] 64143

1500canoe
07-01-2018, 11:40 PM
I've been interested in Hyper Wash for a while now. I currently use a different product from another manufacturer that rhymes with madams and it performs great. However, Hyper Wash would be much more economical. The problem is that I'm a little hesitant to buy something as a gallon without being able to try a smaller amount of it first. Does anyone know if they sell Hyper Wash in a smaller sample size?I don't think it is sold anywhere in a smaller size. I can say that everyone seems to love it, especially considering the price and the dilution ratio. It works great for me and I love that I can get a gallon for relatively cheap and have it for a while.

Justin at Final Inspection
07-02-2018, 05:13 AM
Hyper wash is my go to for all of my washing. Weather it be prepping for correction or coating maintenance. Stuff works and isn't over priced.

PaulMys
07-02-2018, 08:22 PM
Hyper wash is my go to for all of my washing. Weather it be prepping for correction or coating maintenance. Stuff works and isn't over priced.

I agree. My pads are even cleaner now after polishing.

HW is THAT good at cleaning. JMO

Kiddersdetailing
07-07-2018, 01:46 PM
i've been using it for 6 months and Its great... Mike's foam wash video i was watching the other day made me start thinking gettin a gun. still contemplating on going with one for my pressure washer or just on the hose.

1500canoe
07-07-2018, 02:45 PM
i've been using it for 6 months and Its great... Mike's foam wash video i was watching the other day made me start thinking gettin a gun. still contemplating on going with one for my pressure washer or just on the hose.I think if you have fairly high water pressure, the hose versions can be good. I live on a hill and the city water pressure is weak. Either way, you will not regret getting the one for your pressure washer.

Bill1234
07-07-2018, 03:36 PM
I might be crazy but I use a polycarbonate shot glass to measure mine out