PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Pad Surface Usage

Kiddersdetailing
06-22-2018, 10:01 AM
I've been looking for information on microfiber pad coverage areas... when removing oxidation on boats and even heavy cutting on a car am i using the same mindset behind the foam pads which would be a pad for the hood, and break it up by sections etc etc or can i cover more surface area with these? i have a couple GG microfibers and i tried one on my extended cab door on the pickup and cleaned it after i was done before i went on to the drivers door just as i would any foam pad. It seems after i cleaned it with air and a tool it was ready to go more so than a foam pad after finishing a hood on a car..Keeping a close eye ensuring no product has dried on them or saturation. thanks!

LSNAutoDetailing
06-22-2018, 10:11 AM
Cleaning on the fly will generally help, the only other problem to contend with is heat build-up and how much that single pad can take. Eventually the glue adhering the backing will start to let go.

Typically I go through about 4 - 6 MF pads on a single vehicle. I keep a bucket filled with a water / snappy clean mix handy and they just get tossed in there. So yes, I apply the same etiquette to MF pads as I do foam pads.