PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Long Island NY

Pages : [1] 2

JayC33
06-21-2018, 10:23 AM
Hello all. My name is Jay. I recently came across this community and am sorry I didn't find it sooner.
I used to do some detailing when I was in school, and just recently decided to detail my 2003 Suburban. I was laid off from my job and had some time on my hands. I currently have a couple of friends and family's cars lined up to work on. After picking this up again I am considering starting a mobile detailing business.

acuRAS82
06-21-2018, 02:34 PM
Welcome, from a former resident of the other side of the sound in CT. Pittsburgh for the time being.

Follow your dreams! I’m a hobbyist only, but as I gain more experience I’m becoming more curious about trying some jobs for $, more to support the price of my hobby than to make a living.

PaulMys
06-21-2018, 05:11 PM
Another LI guy!!

Welcome to AGO Jay. :xyxthumbs:

Bobby B.
06-21-2018, 05:33 PM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

JayC33
06-23-2018, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome. What parts of LI are you guys from? I actually grew up on Staten Island but I currently live in Port Washington.

Dan Tran
06-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Hello all. My name is Jay. I recently came across this community and am sorry I didn't find it sooner.
I used to do some detailing when I was in school, and just recently decided to detail my 2003 Suburban. I was laid off from my job and had some time on my hands. I currently have a couple of friends and family's cars lined up to work on. After picking this up again I am considering starting a mobile detailing business.

Welcome Jay! You will learn a lot of stuff here.

Considering a mobile detailing business? It’s a great way to start a business. Make sure you ask TONS of questions regarding that as well (as you already know).

Enjoy the learning process, but exercise patience as well.

Again, we have your back here.

Dan Tran
The Buffing Moose Detailing (http://www.thebuffingmoose.com)

UncleDavy
06-23-2018, 08:05 AM
Hi Jay and welcome. I am a Jersey boy originally now living in Massachusetts. Long Island is part of my sales territory and I get through there every 6 weeks or so. I enjoy driving through the north fork to take the ferry home from Orient Point. When I lost my job three years ago I was seriously considering a mobile detailing business. If you have the stomach for it, then do it.

ssnimrod
06-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the welcome. What parts of LI are you guys from? I actually grew up on Staten Island but I currently live in Port Washington.

Greetings from Kings Park (Western Suffolk).

There's plenty of cars here to work on for sure, I detail my families cars as a hobby.

A couple of weeks ago I did my wife's car (2012 Chevy Volt), then drove the car around town doing errands, car came out awesome, never looked so good.

I had comments from "New Car? New Paint job? Is it a special addition car? etc."

Also had two people come up to me and asked me to detail their cars.

Its summer time, people need their cars detailed, good luck!

SWETM
06-25-2018, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the forum Jay!

Paul A.
06-25-2018, 09:59 AM
Welcome into the "club", Jay!

PaulMys
06-25-2018, 05:07 PM
Hi Jay and welcome. I am a Jersey boy originally now living in Massachusetts. Long Island is part of my sales territory and I get through there every 6 weeks or so. I enjoy driving through the north fork to take the ferry home from Orient Point. When I lost my job three years ago I was seriously considering a mobile detailing business. If you have the stomach for it, then do it.

I see you drive right by me every so often, UD. I live on the North Fork.......:xyxthumbs:

ShinyGC
06-25-2018, 06:27 PM
greetings from Merrick L.I.!!

UncleDavy
06-27-2018, 08:21 PM
I see you drive right by me every so often, UD. I live on the North Fork.......:xyxthumbs:

Let's get together one of these days Paulie. Pepi's in Southold was one of my favorite restaurants. Now it's called Waypoint. Let's try it.

PaulMys
06-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Let's get together one of these days Paulie. Pepi's in Southold is one of my favorite restaurants.

Right by the Port of Egypt marina on the bay.

PM me next time you're cruising through, UD!

JayC33
06-28-2018, 12:00 PM
Thank you all again for such a great welcome to the forum. It's nice to see that there are at least a few LI guys here. I'm sure I wil have plenty of questions for the forum.