PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Paint Seelant DGPS 3.0 maintenance

Pages : [1] 2

PeteT19640
06-19-2018, 10:03 PM
Hi I have tried this product and was wondering which products are best to maintain it between recoats?

thanks

acuRAS82
06-19-2018, 10:20 PM
Deep Gloss Spray Sealant (Spray sealant)
Uber Rinseless (waterless and rinseless wash)
Instant Detail Spritz (QD)

If you want to limit what you buy, the Detail Spritz would be first to go. If you do waterless washes, the Uber is great, even if you do regular washes you can use Uber to soften the water and/or spray at waterless wash dilution once per panel as you dry to avoid water spots.

All three contain the same polymers as the sealant you’ve used. Good synergy.

WaxMaster1
06-19-2018, 11:44 PM
I agree with Acura above and I'll add that I have Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on my car and I use the above products with the addition of a quick coat of Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax from time to time.

jdgamble
06-20-2018, 12:05 AM
I use Uber for rinseless washes and Pinnacle Sovereign as a spray wax after washes. It seems to be a good combo. My suspicion is that any easy spray wax or sealant would work very well over DGPS to extend it. That said, I use PA Zircon sometimes, and that seems to diminish the longevity. I think products that require minimal buffing would be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

acuRAS82
06-20-2018, 04:33 AM
That said, I use PA Zircon sometimes, and that seems to diminish the longevity. I think products that require minimal buffing would be best.

That’s surprising. The buffing thing makes sense, but interesting nonetheless.

jdgamble
06-20-2018, 08:19 AM
Yeah the Zircon is pretty thick, so you have to work it a little harder. It also has a pretty intense solvent smell, so I think maybe it removes some of the sealant? The beading on the panels where I use it (usually the top of the car) seems to fade a little after a couple weeks. This is highly subjective, but it seems to be the case. I put so much stuff on my car it doesn't really matter though, and it looks great for cars and coffee and such! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

acuRAS82
06-20-2018, 08:42 AM
To the OP: the Fuzion Spray Wax is really nice if you can accept the price. One of the best out there.

MarkD51
06-20-2018, 09:00 AM
A couple others which I've tried, and work fine, are Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detailing Spray. Yeah, a little pricey, but works really great as a topper, and a touch up detailer over WGDGPS 3.0.

Another, less expensive option is Duragloss Aquawax. It too I like, pretty nice product.

PeteT19640
06-20-2018, 02:31 PM
What about Wolfgang Liquid Seal say about every month, or would this need another prep job?
I am using Meguiars UFF currently but will go back to Wolfgang DGPS 3.0.

Can I use Meguiars 156 Spray Wax (effectively Ultimate Quik Wax) over DGPS?
Also Meguiars 34 (cant remember code) but it is the bulk Ultimate Quik Detailer?
Want to use this all up before I purchase the Wolfgang bulk maintenance products

Thanks

acuRAS82
06-20-2018, 02:50 PM
What about Wolfgang Liquid Seal say about every month, or would this need another prep job?
I am using Meguiars UFF currently but will go back to Wolfgang DGPS 3.0.

Can I use Meguiars 156 Spray Wax (effectively Ultimate Quik Wax) over DGPS?
Also Meguiars 34 (cant remember code) but it is the bulk Ultimate Quik Detailer?
Want to use this all up before I purchase the Wolfgang bulk maintenance products

Thanks

Liquid Seal I’m not sure about as a topper, or whether it needs a clean surface. I suspect it’s OK to top with but let others chime in.

Meg’s D156 and Detailer (D155) are perfectly fine to use over any sealant (or wax if one wanted). I wouldn’t have any worries about using those up first before making new purchases.

PeteT19640
06-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Wish they bought a 16oz of DGPS3.0.
Can I use the Spritz Sealant as a drying aid?
Which product of there is good for foam guns and washes really good?

UncleDavy
06-20-2018, 03:55 PM
Deep Gloss Spray Sealant (Spray sealant)
Uber Rinseless (waterless and rinseless wash)
Instant Detail Spritz (QD)

If you want to limit what you buy, the Detail Spritz would be first to go. If you do waterless washes, the Uber is great, even if you do regular washes you can use Uber to soften the water and/or spray at waterless wash dilution once per panel as you dry to avoid water spots.

All three contain the same polymers as the sealant you’ve used. Good synergy.

I use all three of those products, mostly the Wolfgang Uber and my DGPS has lasted about 8 months. It is just about time for a new application but I was pleased with the longevity.

acuRAS82
06-20-2018, 04:11 PM
Wish they bought a 16oz of DGPS3.0.
Can I use the Spritz Sealant as a drying aid?
Which product of there is good for foam guns and washes really good?

Spritz Sealant as a drying aid... some may have experience using it that way, but the directions call for 12 hours curing dry, so it seems counterintuitive to spray it on to a wet surface, so I’ve never tried.

The Detail Spritz and Uber are my drying aids for DGPS.

You can use Wolfgang Car Wash in a foam gun, but if you want extra suds you might try Blackfire Foamer with it. Note that if you’re using a QD or D156 as a drying aid, there’s not really a need to have a wash soap that leaves polymers behind. You can go with Meg’s Hyper Wash which is cheap and foams well and use the drying aid after.

BadgerRivFan
06-20-2018, 04:32 PM
Spritz Sealant as a drying aid... some may have experience using it that way, but the directions call for 12 hours curing dry, so it seems counterintuitive to spray it on to a wet surface, so I’ve never tried.

^^^ Exactly. ^^^

An excellent synthetic spray wax to use as a drying aid on top of WDPS is Prima Hydro. In my experience they work very well together and are fully compatible.

Prima Hydro Wax As You Dry Spray, spray wax (https://www.autogeek.net/prima-hydro-spray-wax.html)

If you want to stick with a QD as a drying aid, FK 425 also works great with WDPS. At $29.99 for a gallon (before any discounts) the price is also right.

Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine, finish care quick detailer, ultra slick detail spray (https://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-body-shine.html)

Both of these products work well as drying aids for Uber rinseless too!

PeteT19640
06-25-2018, 09:43 PM
Hi thanks
Thoughts on these as a package
Wolfgang DGPS 3.0
Detail Spritz 3.8L
Sealant Spritz 3.8L
Auto Bathe (for foam gun Kwazar Venus Pro+ Super Foamer 2 Litre)

I have 3 cars to do, all big cars

One will be sitting outside 24/7, one in carport and other in garage.

Do you think these quantities are right, will put 2 coats of DGPS 3.0 on.
Over here in New Zealand (and Australia) UV is at its worse.

Thanks again