PDA

View Full Version : Compound recommendations for outside use

Strat
06-18-2018, 04:55 PM
I've heard that scholl s3 is very good if you are polishing outside on a warm day.
I know it's not ideal conditions but think it's a good idea to have a compound to remove moderate scratches etc when you have little choice but to work in the warm.

Anyone tried s3 outside?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance

RTexasF
06-18-2018, 05:33 PM
If you're talking about working in the sunshine then look to Poorboy's products.

PaulMys
06-18-2018, 05:37 PM
The Griot's Fast Correcting Cream & Correcting cream work pretty nicely on a sunny day.

Even here in NY, I won't try and work on a panel that has the sun beating down directly on it at noon to where the panel is burning hot.

But that said, the Boss creams have worked for me on a sunny day. Very little dusting, if any.

Mike@ShineStruck
06-18-2018, 05:43 PM
Where about outside
UK? Angel wax
Canada? Waxedshine
Autrailia? Sonax is avail

Dan Tran
06-18-2018, 07:25 PM
Poorboy has been mentioned many times in the past as a sun-friendly product—though I never tried it.

I wouldn’t recommend this next product as a sun-friendly, but had success recently with CarPro ClearCut.

M100 was hit or miss.
Wolfgang wasn’t terrible, but remembered a hard time wiping off a few times.

Just to help you out with a few.

Dan Tran
Car Detailing in Maine and NH - Paint Polishing and Car Care (http://www.thebuffingmoose.com)

JustJesus
06-18-2018, 07:30 PM
Poorboy's is sun friendly. Yes, I've tried their products on a hot, sunny day.

Eldorado2k
06-18-2018, 09:33 PM
The Griot's Fast Correcting Cream & Correcting cream work pretty nicely on a sunny day.

Even here in NY, I won't try and work on a panel that has the sun beating down directly on it at noon to where the panel is burning hot.

But that said, the Boss creams have worked for me on a sunny day. Very little dusting, if any.

This.[emoji1369]
I used the Griots Correcting Cream this past weekend to polish this whole car in direct sunlight w/the panels hotter than 120* degrees. Zero problems, no dust, easy wipe off, just like if I was using it in the shade.[emoji1419]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180619/33c86f3b03f8b99db3ccc0ba4ab5a289.heic