PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Wash vs. Duragloss soap?

Pages : [1] 2

TShepp
06-16-2018, 06:51 PM
I wash my daily driver (White Knuckle Dodge Charger) about once a week to keep clean and put a layer of Meg's UW on it about once a month. I'm just about finished with my gallon of Hyper Wash and considering switching it up. I've been pretty pleased with the Meg's so far - it's inexpensive, foams great in the cannon, and leaves a nice finish that dries easy but it's not the best cleaning product I've ever seen. I'm considering switching to DG901/902 as that seems to be very popular with it's cleaning ability and shine plus price is close to Hyper Wash (in gallon, not broken down per wash). Some have commented about the additives in DG being great and some don't like it. My car is white so adding gloss or warming up the color is difficult in the first place but I'm thinking about grabbing a gallon to try. For a daily driver maintenance wash will DG be a good switch? Anyone that has used both have a good opinion or review?

PaulMys
06-16-2018, 06:56 PM
I haven't used DG soap, although I like many of their products.

But, I'm surprised you don't find Hyper wash's cleaning ability up to snuff.

I think it cleans damn well.

TShepp
06-16-2018, 07:06 PM
I haven't used DG soap, although I like many of their products.

But, I'm surprised you don't find Hyper wash's cleaning ability up to snuff.

I think it cleans damn well.

It is good but I felt I wouldn't have to double over spots as much considering I foam, dwell, and 2 bucket. I was hoping the dwell time would break down more dirt. I'm not unsatisfied with it at all but thought I might as well switch it up since I need to order more soap.

PaulMys
06-16-2018, 07:18 PM
It is good but I felt I wouldn't have to double over spots as much considering I foam, dwell, and 2 bucket. I was hoping the dwell time would break down more dirt. I'm not unsatisfied with it at all but thought I might as well switch it up since I need to order more soap.

I understand. Trying new products is what keeps us all broke on here. Lol

Optimum car wash a really good wash, although I find it very similar to HW.

TroyScherer
06-16-2018, 07:20 PM
I have gone through gallons of both soaps and based on my use and preferences this is what I can say.

IMO they are equal and it really comes down to personal preference. If you want to try something new then try the DG. But I wasn’t super fond of the cherry cough syrup smell it had in the jug but I was fine once it was diluted in a bucket. The gloss enhancement is there but not enough to make it a selling point for me.

So I would say it comes down to price and what you want to try.

Now I will probably be thrown out for saying this next part but here goes.

For the most part Foaming is only for show and doesn’t really do any real cleaning. The foam gun IMO is a little better as it creates a liquid soap and not a dry foam. And I have a foam cannon and a foam gun. But I think you will be hard pressed to see and real clean from spraying foam on a car and just letting it disappear. Most dirt and bonded contamination is still there until you blast it with water.

evo77
06-16-2018, 08:36 PM
How many oz of hyper wash are you adding to your foam lance? I wonder if adding a little more may give you the extra cleaning power your after? Although unlikely.

I do agree that a pre soak with a ph balanced soap will only remove non bonded contaminants. Dirt and grime that are bonded to the paint will only come off with a contact wash. A foam pre soak will never be that strong enough unless it's higher on the ph scale.

I tried the DG soap a long while ago and I just couldn't stand the cherry cough syrup smell. It detracted from my experience with it. Nothing in that soap stood out to me that would put it a notch above any other soaps out there.

I ordered a gallon of Megs new Citrus Wash n Wax. Since it's part of their professional detailer line it appears to be another alternative to Hyper Wash. Besides the addition of wax and glossifiers, perhaps the cleaner makeup is better?

FUNX650
06-16-2018, 09:59 PM
For the most part Foaming is only for show
and doesn’t really do any real cleaning.

:iagree: That matches my sentiments, exactly.

@OP...
IMO:
Using the Duragloss car-wash shampoo,
via the foaming process, will yield similar
“cleaning” results as you’ve experienced
when using the Hyper-Wash via the foaming
process—only at 5 times the overall cost!!

Bob

Eldorado2k
06-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Maybe you should use your power washer to pre rinse the vehicle if you’re looking for a way to knock off any dirt prior to hand washing. It’ll do alot better than just foaming it.

ducksfan
06-17-2018, 11:40 AM
I agree with Paul. I would buy a gallon of Optimum car wash before the Duragloss.

If you want clean from a safe car wash get P21s Total Auto Wash - but you’re not going to like the price.

Maybe PM Evo77 after he’s had time to try the new Meguiars. Citrus seems to help car washes clean a lot better ( The P21s uses citrus).

blkSRT
06-17-2018, 04:09 PM
I don’t think there’s any actual citrus in the meguiar’s. It’s just citrus scented.

The Guz
06-17-2018, 04:42 PM
I don’t think there’s any actual citrus in the meguiar’s. It’s just citrus scented.

That is correct.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2580/D11305_CitrusBlastWashNWax_Custom_.png

Meguiar's Professional D113 Citrus Blast Wash & Wax is an all-new offering that is aimed at delivering fast and efficient premium washes with an extra pop of gloss and Carnauba protection in one easy step. To create Citrus Blast Wash & Wax, we set to blend some of the best properties of our industry-favorite D111 Shampoo Plus, with our industry-leading retail hit Ultimate Wash & Wax. The results is a formula that delivers a premium clean in less time and with less water.

High-gloss Carnauba wax-based premium wash & wax
Special quick-rinse formula aimed at saving time and water
Packed with high-lubricity cleaners for scratch-free washing
Enjoy your time washing with a new, Citrus Blast fragrance

ducksfan
06-17-2018, 06:13 PM
That's just wrong to do that. I say go big and get some P21s TAW.

Eldorado2k
06-17-2018, 06:16 PM
That's just wrong to do that. I say go big and get some P21s TAW.

Wrong to do what?

TShepp
06-17-2018, 10:55 PM
That is correct.

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/2580/D11305_CitrusBlastWashNWax_Custom_.png

Meguiar's Professional D113 Citrus Blast Wash & Wax is an all-new offering that is aimed at delivering fast and efficient premium washes with an extra pop of gloss and Carnauba protection in one easy step. To create Citrus Blast Wash & Wax, we set to blend some of the best properties of our industry-favorite D111 Shampoo Plus, with our industry-leading retail hit Ultimate Wash & Wax. The results is a formula that delivers a premium clean in less time and with less water.

Thanks for sharing that! I am intrigued since it's a new product and I always like seeing the latest and greatest from manufacturers. So now my options are trying this new D113 citrus blast, reordering D110 Hyperwash, or maybe trying D111 Shampoo plus as there are many competing reviews for that. Ugh... decisions decisions

Eldorado2k
06-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Thanks for sharing that! I am intrigued since it's a new product and I always like seeing the latest and greatest from manufacturers. So now my options are trying this new D113 citrus blast, reordering D110 Hyperwash, or maybe trying D111 Shampoo plus as there are many competing reviews for that. Ugh... decisions decisions

D111 Shampoo Plus is a nice soap. Smells great, nice suds that last, slick on the paint.