PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use a strip wash soap?

Pages : [1] 2

Bill1234
06-15-2018, 07:10 PM
I just was recommended a strip was soap and it seems like people have liked it. Was about 5 dollars a gallon too. I usually need heavier products when having people come in as some have not cared for their vehicle for 10 years!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Has anyone else used a strip wash soap? Was wondering how they are and what good they do for people?

Rsurfer
06-15-2018, 07:45 PM
I just was recommended a strip was soap and it seems like people have liked it. Was about 5 dollars a gallon too. I usually need heavier products when having people come in as some have not cared for their vehicle for 10 years!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. Has anyone else used a strip wash soap? Was wondering how they are and what good they do for people?

A strip wash soap can be any soap with a little APC in it.

Bill1234
06-15-2018, 08:03 PM

I have tried that with simple green or zep citrus and I have had trouble cutting through wax

glen e
06-15-2018, 08:17 PM
I know everybody hates it here, but I use Dawn dishwashing soap and then A wipe down with rubbing alcohol/water (IPA) or Carpro Eraser to strip my cars. Seems squeaky clean to me.

Coach Steve
06-15-2018, 08:23 PM
Chem Guys has a very good stripper called Clean Slate. I've used it a few times since discovering it while visiting their store here in Mesa, AZ. It works very well and leaves behind no residue or evidence of itself.

Ebg18t
06-15-2018, 08:55 PM
McKees 37 just released a pre-coating prep soap that is worth a look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

rlmccarty2000
06-15-2018, 09:24 PM
I’ve used CG Clean Slate and it doesn’t work for me. I’ve got a bottle of the new McKees soap on order and I’m hoping it really will remove old wax. For a deep clean on nasty cars I add a couple of ounces of APC to my normal soap, but it will not remove old wax. It’s been proved over and over that Dawn will not remove wax. Dawn will remove grease, but it leaves behind surfactants that will inhibit Wax beading.

PaulMys
06-15-2018, 10:07 PM
Clay and polish removes wax.

Every time. :cool:

GEM65
06-16-2018, 12:27 AM

This^^
Just add a few ounce of APC to your soap[emoji106]

The Guz
06-16-2018, 12:36 AM
I had tested out Adams Strip Wash and it didn't do much. I ended up giving the rest to Loach so he can use it up. Nick just sent me a bottle of the new McKee's Coating Prep Wash. Have not used it and my cars are coated so I will not be able to comment on how it would to remove old waxes.

I know everybody hates it here, but I use Dawn dishwashing soap and then A wipe down with rubbing alcohol/water (IPA) or Carpro Eraser to strip my cars. Seems squeaky clean to me.

It is not that everybody hates it. But does it really do anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IeJsOR3V6g&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqqUzs3Ft4Y&t=4s

SWETM
06-16-2018, 01:47 AM
McKees 37 and Griots Garage and Poorboy's have released paint prep wash products lately. When doing neglected vehicals I use a chemical decon wash to get different kind of dirt off the car. I'm a believer in that different kind of chemicals desolves different kind of dirt. So before doing any mechanical like claying and then polishing. I start a alkaline based degreaser or prewash foam. Then moving on to a tar remover and then an iron remover. The use of a PW you get a higher cleaning ability when useing the water pressure from it. Some steps could be doing multible times if it's some contaminants that is very embedded. Then doing a claying.

As for options on products. And option for the Alkaline based degreaser you have 3D orange 88 degreaser which is a citrus based degreaser and a little more gentle but still very effective to that kind of dirt it desolves. Carpro TarX and IronX is very effective tar remover and iron remover. If you where going to use a prewash foam the new GG foaming surface prep or the McKees 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash is interesting new products. And the Poorboy's which I link to is also interesting in the first reviews of it.

Poorboy?s World Strip Down Wax Stripper 128 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/pb-strip-down-128.html)

McKee's 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash 128 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/mckees-coating-prep-wash-128oz.html)

There is a thread about the new GG BOSS foaming system on here that is worth a look into. But those still is very effective they don't desolves every kind of dirt. I would see them as prewash foam or wash then inspect what kind of dirt is left and use the right chemicals to desolve them.

DaveT435
06-16-2018, 12:01 PM
McKees 37 just released a pre-coating prep soap that is worth a look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I just ordered a gallon. Ended up at 29.99 for the gallon. I've been really happy with all the McKee's products I've purchased. I'm going to use it to see if it will remove the airport fallout from our coated vehicles.

kantonburg
05-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Almost 5 year bump.

Still viable or worthwhile products on the morket?

Silly Rabbit
05-08-2023, 01:43 PM
Tac has 2 'acid' washes I just noticed.

PouncingPanzer
05-09-2023, 03:51 AM
I haven't washed the paintwork with it yet(just my rims), but I have the new(er) Oberk APS(All Purpose Soap) and it claims to have strip wash properties with a pH of 9.5. Cannot confirm these claims as of yet.