PDA

View Full Version : IK FOAM 9 Sprayer - "Intermittent" Spraying

mightypudge
06-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Hey all,

I have one of the IK FOAM 9 sprayers (https://smile.amazon.com/LARGE-SPRAYER-Gallon-Professional-Detailing/dp/B01BLGJ1ME/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1529078975&sr=8-4&keywords=ik+sprayer&dpID=41y606q63uL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch) that I have used precisely twice. The first time around, I used Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam diluted to the recommended ratio.

Now, here is the problem: I had plenty left over, so I didn't empty the sprayer or wash the nozzle. The next time I used the sprayer, the stream was sputtering instead of flowing normally. Afterward, I took the sprayer apart and rinsed all the nozzle components and flushed with hot water. Didn't fix it.

Any thoughts on what I can do? Thinking of soaking the nozzle in undiluted APC.

gspam1
06-15-2018, 11:24 PM
Hey all,

I have one of the IK FOAM 9 sprayers (https://smile.amazon.com/LARGE-SPRAYER-Gallon-Professional-Detailing/dp/B01BLGJ1ME/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1529078975&sr=8-4&keywords=ik+sprayer&dpID=41y606q63uL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch) that I have used precisely twice. The first time around, I used Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam diluted to the recommended ratio.

Now, here is the problem: I had plenty left over, so I didn't empty the sprayer or wash the nozzle. The next time I used the sprayer, the stream was sputtering instead of flowing normally. Afterward, I took the sprayer apart and rinsed all the nozzle components and flushed with hot water. Didn't fix it.

Any thoughts on what I can do? Thinking of soaking the nozzle in undiluted APC.

I haven't had my IK Foamers clog yet, but on other sprayers I fill with my hottest tap water, pump up, and spray a tank of hot water through the spray head.

georgez
06-17-2018, 07:12 PM
I would say make sure you are pumping up to max pressure. I know when i don't its kind of sad and sputters. I typically use the same honeydew 1 oz to max water ratio. When i'm done i take apart the head and rinse out the cloth filters.