PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber and Coatings

showbbq
06-13-2018, 08:37 AM
So I have a growing pile of discarded microfiber cloths which I have used to apply coatings and Si02 products. I'm not the only one that sets them aside after using Si02 drying aids, right? But I was wondering if there might be any other uses for these towels before I toss them. Maybe to dry tires and wheel wells..

Don M
06-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Use them for the dirty jobs .... tires, door jams engines etc

DBAILEY
06-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Exactly. Repurpose them to tasks other than using them on the paintwork.

Boudin
06-13-2018, 09:04 AM
I use cheap bulk pack microfibers for coatings. I was reusing them for wheels/tires/interiors. However, I started reusing them on black paint work after washing and never had the slightest indication of any type of micro maring. Some I washed right after using, some not until several weeks later, never an issue.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

showbbq
06-13-2018, 09:31 AM
I use cheap bulk pack microfibers for coatings. I was reusing them for wheels/tires/interiors. However, I started reusing them on black paint work after washing and never had the slightest indication of any type of micro maring. Some I washed right after using, some not until several weeks later, never an issue.

Interesting! Do you use a dedicated microfiber cleaning solution?

TTQ B4U
06-13-2018, 10:16 AM
They can absolutely be used over again after doing a coating application. Just drop them in a bucket of 3D Towel Kleen and water as you discard them. They can soak until you’re done and then toss them in the washer with more Towel Kleen. Dry and low and they will be fine.

Not sure why everyone tosses them out, etc. Silly. Just launder them. I’ve been doing coatings and using the same MF Towels and 16x16 Suede towels for years without issue. As they get dirty and stained I’ll re-purpose them.

I do toss out the applicators though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

showbbq
06-13-2018, 11:01 AM
No kidding? They've been sitting for a while but I'll give it a shot

Boudin
06-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Interesting! Do you use a dedicated microfiber cleaning solution?Poorboys Typhoon