PDA

View Full Version : SIO2 Coating Maintenance

Pages : [1] 2

bfenne
06-12-2018, 06:22 PM
So I have applied 2 coats of Gyeon Cant coat and a coat of Gyeon Cure(Full Strenth). Stuff is amazing on all fronts.

My question is about SIO2 coating maintenance.

I would like to use a synthetic detail spray after or in between weekly washes. As much as I like Cure it is a tad pricey at full strength or diluted 50/50. I will use the cure full strength every month or two though as recommended.

So can you use a more cost effective synthetic(non SIO2) detail spray WOWO type on SIO2 coatings? If so want are you pro's finding great results with?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

The Guz
06-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Ech20 at 1:20 works great on any coating. Then you can use Cure every couple months. It's what I have been doing with CanCoat.

bfenne
06-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Yes!!! Looks like a solid option. Thank you!!!

What is the performance difference between 1:10 or 1:20 as claimed by the MFG for Quick Detailer?

Also do you know what the equivalent diluted amount roughly is per bottle. Would it dilute to say a Gallon of Quick Detailer at those ratios?

Thanks again.

Bruno Soares
06-12-2018, 07:24 PM
McKee’s 37 10 minutes Paint sealant might be a good candidate too. Nick said it’s SiO2 based and an excellent topper for coatings.

The Guz
06-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Yes!!! Looks like a solid option. Thank you!!!

What is the performance difference between 1:10 or 1:20 as claimed by the MFG for Quick Detailer?

Also do you know what the equivalent diluted amount roughly is per bottle. Would it dilute to say a Gallon of Quick Detailer at those ratios?

Thanks again.

You get little to no streaking at 1:20 compared to 1:10. You get more cleaning power at 1:10 though.

Straight from CarPro.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/2178530146161e34450952672b590da6.png

bfenne
06-12-2018, 08:08 PM
You get little to no streaking at 1:20 compared to 1:10. You get more cleaning power at 1:10 though.

Straight from CarPro.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180613/2178530146161e34450952672b590da6.png

Thank you Guz!

I ordered a liter before I saw your post. More than enough for me. Thanks for your solid advice again.

Brian

bfenne
06-12-2018, 08:15 PM
McKee’s 37 10 minutes Paint sealant might be a good candidate too. Nick said it’s SiO2 based and an excellent topper for coatings.

Thanks Bsoares,

McKee’s 10 min paint sealant is another terrific product. I used this on my wife’s Mini van. 2 coats followed by a coat of Mckee’s Trademark Exyender Wax.

Durability unknown at this point but be much better than paste waxes.

Too costly though as a weekly maintenance option for my wallet.

Thanks for your reply.

Brian

rlmccarty2000
06-12-2018, 09:20 PM
Mix some Cure with diluted ECH2O for a super quick detailer. I suggest 2 oz per 36 oz bottle.

Nix
06-12-2018, 09:22 PM
make sure when you get the bottle check the exp date...as long as i know i think most carpro product come with exp date..

RippyD
06-12-2018, 09:38 PM
The 1:40 16 oz amount of product in that table is incorrect. It should be 0.39oz.

glfnaz
06-12-2018, 10:24 PM
I gave up on Cure as my wife's black car kept streaking at 50 / 50. I switched to the new BF SIO2 sealant and love it. You cannot streak it. When I run out of the 32 oz bottle, I'll but a gallon.
If I didn't want a SIO2 product, I'd use M 37 Extender Spray wax or Meguires D 156.

The Guz
06-12-2018, 11:02 PM
Thank you Guz!

I ordered a liter before I saw your post. More than enough for me. Thanks for your solid advice again.

Brian

Nice. Enjoy it. Mixing in Cure as mentioned is a nice touch.

I personally have never had an issue with Cure streaking at full strength or 50/50.

bfenne
06-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys!

I am not opposed to blending in Cure to the ECH20. Curious what is the benefit? Also what Cure dilution ratio do you put into say 1:20 Ech20 mix?

So I am new to the SIO2 coating world and why I went with coating light products like Gyeon Can Coat and McKee's 10 min paint sealant. Wanted something more forgiving to work with. Cant speak to durability yet as they are fresh with in last week or two. I did chemical and mechanical decon, paint restoration and prepped surface before application.

Both were great to work with. I both used on "every" exterior surface on different vehicles. I will say I probably used more product than needed due to inexperience with coatings and I found hard to follow product during application on light colored vehicles under good lighting. I worked one panel / area at a time using a micro fiber applicator pad. I split big panels up. Applied and buffed before moving to next panel to prevent high spots. I applied 2 coats for each vehicle waiting a few hours between second coats. After second coats I waited a few hours again before applying Gyeon Cure (FULL STRENGTH) on Can Coat and McKee's Trademark Extender Wax on 10 min paint sealant. I sprayed on MF applicator pad and applied to surface and buffed going panel by panel.

My thoughts on both products...

Can Coat and 10 min Paint Sealant

1. Both fairly simple to use
2. Seemed to require more buffing than I expected. Primarily paint and glass. Black plastics smooth and porus was a breeze.
3. I am not an expert but gloss/shine look incredible
4. I am now converted to SIO2 style products

Cure / Trademark Extender Wax

1. Very simple to use
2. I am not an expert but gloss/shine and slickness look and feel incredible
3. I am now converted to SIO2 style products

What Ive learned..

1. Can Coat and 10 Min Paint Sealant-Trust the product and process even if you cant see it. Then second coat should get any areas you may have missed. May help with the buffing also.
2. Cure / Extender Wax- Have fresh applicator / rags ready. When rag is saturated streaking potential high. Switch to new applicator / rag. Use saturated rags / applicator on glass or wheels and buff.
3. Probably will stay with SIO2 based light products so I have more flexibility.
4. I would reccomend both brands products and will use again if longevity is reasonably better that a paste wax. Time will tell.

Just though I would share. Thanks to all who have helped me.

acuRAS82
06-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Great summary above!

Ebg18t
06-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Don’t forget about McKee’s 37 Hydro Blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro