PDA

View Full Version : Exo and essence question plus nice reflection shots.

Pages : [1] 2

fightnews
06-11-2018, 01:25 PM
So I've been using c2v3 and high gloss layering it with good results aside from the water spots that drive me crazy. I have a pic of them to post later.

So I'm thinking of stepping up to a more permanent coating. I got the Exo v4 that came in today. After the pollen season is over I'd like to polish with essence then top it with the Exo. Does anyone know if they're compatible? Anyone use exo v3 over essence maybe?

https://image.ibb.co/cXc0q8/20180611_111217.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/nGovOT/20180611_114718.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/evM7L8/20180611_120423.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/cut6V8/20180611_111202.jpg

Thanks for the help and for looking at my pics

BadgerRivFan
06-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Check out 512detail's comments over on the Autopia Forum regarding Essence and EXO. I seem to recall that in his experience they did not work well together. It was probably a good 18 months+ ago that he tried Essence with a number of different toppers. YMMV of course.

If you are not 100% set on using Essence as your final polish before coating, check out Gyeon Primer as an option. I've found it to be a little less finicky than Essence (although I do like Essence) and the gloss is terrific. There are no fillers in Gyeon Primer if that makes any difference to you. I've topped Primer with several different hybrid waxes and it's worked great. I've seen zero comments out there about using non-Gyeon coatings on top of Gyeon Primer though. It would be interesting to learn if it is compatible with competitor's coatings.

fightnews
06-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Check out 512detail's comments over on the Autopia Forum regarding Essence and EXO. I seem to recall that in his experience they did not work well together. It was probably a good 18 months+ ago that he tried Essence with a number of different toppers. YMMV of course.

If you are not 100% set on using Essence as your final polish before coating, check out Gyeon Primer as an option. I've found it to be a little less finicky than Essence (although I do like Essence) and the gloss is terrific. There are no fillers in Gyeon Primer if that makes any difference to you. I've topped Primer with several different hybrid waxes and it's worked great. I've seen zero comments out there about using non-Gyeon coatings on top of Gyeon Primer though. It would be interesting to learn if it is compatible with competitor's coatings.

No I'm not dead set on it I might even get a better finish with something like rupes ultrafine and then stripping the oils. Does the gyeon primer have abrasives in it I def want something abrasive.

Did anyone get clarification on the new backfire prep polish as far as being abrasive or not? I'll def look into the gyeon polish

BadgerRivFan
06-11-2018, 02:25 PM
Does the gyeon primer have abrasives in it I def want something abrasive.

Yes, I believe there is some mild abrasives in Gyeon Primer. It's basically Essence without the fillers, and it is just a tad easier to work with.

fightnews
06-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Yes, I believe there is some mild abrasives in Gyeon Primer. It's basically Essence without the fillers, and it is just a tad easier to work with.

Nice I'll def give that a shot I gotta put an order in soon. Those fillers prob just get in the way. I got the new 4th version of exo so i have to look into it more. It might work better on virgin paint cuz its like a 2 part coating formula idk?

fightnews
06-11-2018, 03:50 PM
The only thing is there's no way I'll be able to leave it on for even a year without wanting to polish it off. I imagine a lot of Autogeeks are polishing off there coatings every few months because they want to try something new

TTQ B4U
06-11-2018, 04:00 PM

^^ Way easier to work with IMO. Working time is loads longer and it's easy to wipe off.

DaveT435
06-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Nice I'll def give that a shot I gotta put an order in soon. Those fillers prob just get in the way. I got the new 4th version of exo so i have to look into it more. It might work better on virgin paint cuz its like a 2 part coating formula idk?

Are you doing CSL and topping with EXOv4 or just using EXO as a stand alone?? I've been using EXO for a few years. Didn't use much v3 but overall I've been really happy with it. I used v2 as a stand alone on a couple vehicles with great success.

The only thing is there's no way I'll be able to leave it on for even a year without wanting to polish it off. I imagine a lot of Autogeeks are polishing off there coatings every few months because they want to try something new

You definitely wouldn't be the first to polish off a coating long before it actually needs to be removed. lol

fightnews
06-11-2018, 06:59 PM
Are you doing CSL and topping with EXOv4 or just using EXO as a stand alone?? I've been using EXO for a few years. Didn't use much v3 but overall I've been really happy with it. I used v2 as a stand alone on a couple vehicles with great success.

You definitely wouldn't be the first to polish off a coating long before it actually needs to be removed. lol

I figured lol I doubt mine will last 6 months. I was just going to use the Exo by itself then top it with things like c2v3 or high gloss ect, how do u think the Exo would pair up with essence or the gyeon polish?

fightnews
06-11-2018, 07:01 PM
^^ Way easier to work with IMO. Working time is loads longer and it's easy to wipe off.

What do think about pairing up the gyeon polish or essence with the exo?

fightnews
07-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Starting this project tomorrow. Think I'm going to use 3800 then coat. I may use something on a polishing pad first if it looks like it makes a difference on my test spot. I might polish with the new rupes Millie fine polish then jewel it with 3800.

I gotta see the defects under this new work light I bought

TTQ B4U
07-23-2018, 11:35 AM
What do think about pairing up the gyeon polish or essence with the exo?

I'm not familiar with the EXO products. sorry.

Calendyr
07-23-2018, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the info. I received both EXO and Crystal Serum Light today. My normal prep is Essence before applying the coating (normally I use McKee's 37). So I will have to switch that to M205 then.

Calendyr
07-23-2018, 04:28 PM

How many cars can you usually do with a bottle of EXO? Mark Barger told me it's about 3. Is that your experience as well?

Trying to figure out pricing for both EXO and CSL.

fightnews
07-24-2018, 05:37 AM
How many cars can you usually do with a bottle of EXO? Mark Barger told me it's about 3. Is that your experience as well?

Trying to figure out pricing for both EXO and CSL.

what size bottle? I got the 30ml it says 1 car but idk if it 2 coats on 1 car or 1 coat on 1 car. They recomend 2 coats so im hoping its at least 2 coats.

The exo v4 might work better with essence then the v3 did idk?