PDA

View Full Version : Scuff repair in the Boston area

wrczx3
02-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Hi everyone this is my first post. I have a 2008 Scion XB and some jerk bumped into my car and took off. They left a small scuff on the drivers side rear quarter panel. The scuff is so light that it actually just rubbed the clear coat of in a spot about the size of a quarter without any sheetmetal damage. I was thinking that those guys that do mobil bumper,scratch and scuff repair at the car dealers would be able to fix it. Does anyone know of anyboby in the Massachusetts area that does these type of repairs?

borabora1989
02-08-2008, 02:04 AM
i think most body shop does it. but i usually go to boch collision to get my repairs or try the nissan dealership in i think watertown(my friend works there!)

budman3
02-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Is the clear coat removed or is it just paint transfer onto the panel? If it is the latter you could use a light polish to remove the paint transfer yourself. Howver, if the clear was chipped off, a trip to a body shop is probably in order. There are mobile techs that do paint work but not so much in our area, especially in the winter.

wrczx3
02-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I wish it was just paint transfer because I could fix that in ten minutes. The clear coat is actually scuffed off in a couple of little chips. You can see and feel it. Do you have the name of any mobile techs? I can wait until spring if need be. I know I can go to a body shop but they will probably charge two or three times the amount to fix it.