PDA

View Full Version : Syncro Sold Itself

Pages : [1] 2

TTQ B4U
06-08-2018, 09:19 PM
Had a customer drop off today and with all the rain we've had today and both my car and my wife's SUV having been around town in it, he took one look at them both looking nearly perfectly clean and was like WOW! I then showed him how easily it shed water with a hose and how it just simply blew dry with a cordless leaf blower. Sold.....

I'm glad as I know he's going to be so thankful once his car is done. It's bright red and is going to look fantastic all coated up. Not sure if I'm more excited than he is :)

Jeff at Gyeon
06-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Yessssssssss. Love that.

TTQ B4U
06-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Sneak peak after first coat of Mohs. I'll finish the 2nd coat later tonight then add skin the morning. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180609/975eb46992732ae6283b1a06d115be91.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

kevincwelch
06-09-2018, 07:39 PM
How many hours are you waiting btw the first and second coats as well as between the second coat and skin?

TTQ B4U
06-09-2018, 07:44 PM
How many hours are you waiting btw the first and second coats as well as between the second coat and skin?I believe the instructions are one hour in between the coats of Mohs and 4 hours before you apply skin.

I'm only waiting longer as we have a family event this evening.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

kevincwelch
06-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Family... Always gets in the way of detailing! :)

TTQ B4U
06-10-2018, 07:13 PM
Family... Always gets in the way of detailing! :)

haha! isn't that the truth! Just today, my son had his second birthday get together / party....yeah.....like the first one wasn't enough. So with 8 more kids over occupying the kitchen and basement family room, I snuck outside to clean out the insides of the vehicles. 20 minutes into it my wife says she needs me to help shuttle everyone to the bowling alley :doh:

D.C.Detail
06-10-2018, 09:37 PM
not to change the subject off of family time. lol..... but what kind of longevity are you getting out of Syncro.... its about time to re-coat my wife's Acadia Denali and I'm leaning towards using that. plus then offering it to customers. just curious

BudgetPlan1
06-11-2018, 03:27 AM
not to change the subject off of family time. lol..... but what kind of longevity are you getting out of Syncro.... its about time to re-coat my wife's Acadia Denali and I'm leaning towards using that. plus then offering it to customers. just curiousHard to say at this point as it's only been widely avaliable since around 11/2017 but maybe some testers are out there with longer term info.

I'm at about 5500 mostly unwashed/maintained miles with the vehicle I used it on and it's doing very well, pretty much 'as new'. Applied Jan/Feb 2018 in NE Ohio so it has seen some nasty winter miles as well.

fightnews
06-11-2018, 04:39 AM
Call me crazy, I've tried a few geyon products like the soap and the trim dressing and they were good. I can't get past the fact that their so called good and very expensive microfiber towels are only an 80/20 blend. Makes me think they are cutting corners in other areas as well.

TTQ B4U
06-11-2018, 05:20 AM
not to change the subject off of family time. lol..... but what kind of longevity are you getting out of Syncro.... its about time to re-coat my wife's Acadia Denali and I'm leaning towards using that. plus then offering it to customers. just curious

Can't say as I only started using it on our personal vehicles a little over 2 months back. Still performing like brand new. Crazy stupid hydrophobic and slick still. Ask me next March after it's been through an Ohio winter.

Jeff at Gyeon
06-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Call me crazy, I've tried a few geyon products like the soap and the trim dressing and they were good. I can't get past the fact that their so called good and very expensive microfiber towels are only an 80/20 blend. Makes me think they are cutting corners in other areas as well.

Good Morning! I was having the towel discussion with GYEON Factory this week, as one of our resellers was inquiring about the blend, and was confirmed that all of the GYEON towels were a 70-30 blend. Have you seen it listed differently somewhere else?

kevincwelch
06-11-2018, 12:35 PM
not to change the subject off of family time. lol..... but what kind of longevity are you getting out of Syncro.... its about time to re-coat my wife's Acadia Denali and I'm leaning towards using that. plus then offering it to customers. just curiousI can't comment about Syncro, but I got nearly two years out of Gyeon Mohs by itself. Now, this has to be taken with a grain of salt. I used SiO2 toppers every now and again like Quartz Max and Wet Coat.

The longevity of Mohs itself is what is convincing me to go with Syncro for my vehicles.

fightnews
06-11-2018, 12:57 PM
Good Morning! I was having the towel discussion with GYEON Factory this week, as one of our resellers was inquiring about the blend, and was confirmed that all of the GYEON towels were a 70-30 blend. Have you seen it listed differently somewhere else?

Yeah it was listed here at 80/20 the bald wipe. Are u sure it's 70/30 because I think ive looked in to these a few times and it says 80/20 at other stores to

GYEON Bald Wipe Microfiber Towel 16x16 (https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-bald-wipe-microfiber.html)

fightnews
06-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Sorry for changing the subject the car looks great. Just wanted to post this from the ad page in case it gets changed in the future.

"The GYEON Bald Wipe Microfiber Towel is composed of an 80/20 polyester and polyamide blend. This makes it as soft as any standard microfiber towel. What sets it apart is its laser cut edgeless design that virtually eliminates any risk of marring during wipe down. Pick up a few extra GYEON Bald Wipe Microfiber Towels because they work great for interior detailing too!"