PDA

View Full Version : Tinted safety glasses??

Cruzscarwash
06-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Anyone us tinted safety glasses when polishing outside?? I was just walking down the Napa aisle and tried a few on and the yellow seemed like they might help with brightening things up a bit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Strong66
06-08-2018, 08:22 PM
I have some yellow tint shooting glasses i use when i am on the range, i have never thought about using them to help spot defects in paint.

I will give it a shot and let you know.

Cruzscarwash
06-08-2018, 08:33 PM
I have some yellow tint shooting glasses i use when i am on the range, i have never thought about using them to help spot defects in paint.

I will give it a shot and let you know.That's what I bought, trying them tomorrow.

The Guz
06-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Always a good idea to protect your eyes. I use them when washing outside and clear when working in the garage.

OMGClayAiken
06-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Oakley makes good glasses with interchangeable lenses. I have several shades including yellow for lower light situations

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cruzscarwash
06-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Oakley makes good glasses with interchangeable lenses. I have several shades including yellow for lower light situations

Sent from my SM-G935T using TapatalkDo you notice a benefit when polishing??

OMGClayAiken
06-08-2018, 11:43 PM
When it's overcast the yellow lenses brighten everything up and I like the effect - but as for spotting defects and such I don't think their is any real benefit

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
06-09-2018, 05:03 AM
Filtering out blue light will enhance contrast which is what you're seeing. Not sure if that will help with noticing defects though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk