PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Clean issues

howardm4
06-04-2018, 11:58 AM
I got a bottle of Opti-Clean and have been using as directed on exteriors (1:3, distilled, reasonably clean vehicle, either heavy microfibre or 500 Eagles) but I seem to always end up w/ drying streaks or residue. I'd prefer not to have to go over it a 2nd time w/ just a slightly moist Eagle or even a QD.

Never had this problem w/ Ultima as waterless at recommended dilution. First Opti product that has failed to impress.

Thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong?

Setec Astronomy
06-04-2018, 08:08 PM
I know this sounds stupid...but that's 1 part product, to 3 parts water, right?

Now that that's out of the way, I've only used the original version of Opti-Clean, but yes, it does tend to streak more than other waterless washes, IME. I try to tell myself that's because it's more substantive and doing a better job protecting from scratching. The v.2 (which has been out for many years) was supposed to be less streaky, and IIRC it was suggested you could also dilute it a little more, which is probably what I would try if you can't live with the streaking.

ch17
06-06-2018, 10:02 AM
i too have the same issue
streaking even at 4:1 dilution.. too bad i bought a gallon

Have to force myself to finish it

The Guz
06-06-2018, 10:13 AM
i too have the same issue
streaking even at 4:1 dilution.. too bad i bought a gallon

Have to force myself to finish it

Use it for interior wipe downs. Works good at that.

Route246
06-06-2018, 05:40 PM
Use it for interior wipe downs. Works good at that.

I have other products that are much better for paint and glass so I only use it for interiors and finishing under the hood sometimes. It does work very well for that.

The Guz
06-06-2018, 05:47 PM
I have other products that are much better for paint and glass so I only use it for interiors and finishing under the hood sometimes. It does work very well for that.

Also works pretty well to clean wheels and tires when rinseless washing. Of course knowing when to safety rinseless wash is key.

mwoolfso
06-09-2018, 09:08 AM
I have it as well from a trade and struggling to find a great use case for it. It's so much "in the middle" of every typical use that there always seems to be a negative affect. I can't figure it out.

SR2018
11-20-2018, 07:42 PM
Haven’t had any issues at all with this product. I love it! Going to buy a gallon, cross fingers I don’t have issues lol.

gspam1
11-20-2018, 10:29 PM
Opti-Clean is a staple for me. I use it as a pre-soak for bugs (bugs rinse off), for bird bombs, for interior hard plastic, for power tools, lawn mower, etc.

SR2018
11-20-2018, 10:42 PM
Opti-Clean is a staple for me. I use it as a pre-soak for bugs (bugs rinse off), for bird bombs, for interior hard plastic, for power tools, lawn mower, etc.

have you tried opt instant detail spray & gloss enhancer??

gspam1
11-23-2018, 06:09 PM
have you tried opt instant detail spray & gloss enhancer??I have but only to touch up my wheels. Opti-Clean cleans better and I would use an actual sealant as a drying aid. So the Detail Spray is kind of between and betwixt for me. I can't bring myself to detail spray a dry car. I'd either wash it conventionally or use ONR.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)