PDA

View Full Version : Uber as QD and Drying Aid

Route246
06-02-2018, 01:54 PM
I just received a gallon of Uber Rinseless and mixed up a batch of 40:1 QD to be used as a drying aid. I normally use spray wax as a drying aid but the weather is heating up here and I wanted something that would not streak when oversprayed on glass.

At 3 oz/gallon you get more than 40 gallons of this stuff as a QD. I guess I could have bought the small bottle but I prefer gallons and will probably give some out to friends.

The sun is high in the sky and I'm using DI water so I don't have a problem with water spots but with the wind I do have a problem with overspraying wax onto glass. Using Uber as a QD solved that problem. I'll probably do a quick wipe with Uber tonight on the horizontal surfaces and hit it with spray wax after the sun goes down.

I didn't like any of the other QDs that I have but this one is pretty good. It lives up to the hype in my opinion. Amazing when used as a drying aid. Incredibly good value when you can dilute it 40:1.

Eldorado2k
06-02-2018, 02:02 PM
I agree and I really like it too. After going through a couple of 16oz. bottles of the concentrate I went ahead and bought a gallon. I keep a Kwazar pump sprayer full of it at all times, but when using it as a drying aid I prefer spraying it from a bottle.

Bruno Soares
06-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Love Uber as QD / drying aid. Works really well and adds gloss. Smells good too.

acuRAS82
06-02-2018, 07:10 PM
+1

Route246
06-05-2018, 12:50 PM
I agree and I really like it too. After going through a couple of 16oz. bottles of the concentrate I went ahead and bought a gallon. I keep a Kwazar pump sprayer full of it at all times, but when using it as a drying aid I prefer spraying it from a bottle.

Which Kwazar pump are you using? Since I'm not concerned with overspray on glass with Uber I would like to get something with a little more volume to save time.

Eldorado2k
06-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Which Kwazar pump are you using? Since I'm not concerned with overspray on glass with Uber I would like to get something with a little more volume to save time.

I used to use the 1 on the right for Uber, but now I use it for Megs D143 since they say it can withstand harsh chemicals. The 1 on the left doesn’t claim to be chemical resistant so I fill it with Uber now. They both work good, the 1 on the left is capable of spraying 360/upside down, which eould be more useful for doing wheels & tires but oh well.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180605/e51b9d44a175d0941495f9ecabdd8d04.heic

1 thing I’m not really fond of is when it’s filled with D143 it will make it foam if you have it set on the widest setting which results in alot of wasted product and I don’t really see any benefit for the foam, which leads me to believe that I wouldn’t have much use the the Kwazar foaming sprayer.

No foam when using WG Uber, it sprays it perfectly.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180605/2c74f122fb24c39363090f00cfbcc61d.heic

Route246
06-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Thank you. That spray coverage is awesome!

You have successfully convinced me to use rinseless techniques and methods over the past few months and I broke my maiden last weekend when I mixed up some Uber and went to town on my garaged RS. I also now understand how you get those soiled towels. The RS is mostly covered with dust so it is a perfect candidate for rinseless. I am getting wrist fatigue spraying with the grey Tolco head. I'm getting one or two of those Kwazars for my next order.

I don't even have the Kwazar yet but it is already my favorite!

jolo
06-05-2018, 07:44 PM
@Eldo Do you have experience with iK sprayers/foamers ?

GEM65
06-05-2018, 08:35 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180605/e51b9d44a175d0941495f9ecabdd8d04.heic

These kwazars look so nice [emoji7]

Eldorado2k
06-05-2018, 10:45 PM
I am getting wrist fatigue spraying with the grey Tolco head.

Right on. You won’t be disappointed. If you’re getting it for use with WG Uber stick with the Red 1 and not the Black 1. I say this based off the advice I got before I ordered mine from a fellow AG member saying he had a bad experience with the metal tipped black sprayer not lasting very long. So far the tips on mine haven’t shown any negative signs.

I also got tired of the constant hand spraying. It’s even worse when doing wheels & tires because you know how it is... And you have to spray quite a bit non stop on 2 tires at a time. [I do 2 tires at a time] So when I made the decision to go back to using D143 there was no way I was going to cheat myself and not treat myself to another 1 of these sprayers.[emoji4]

A friend of mine came by this past weekend on his way to a car show and wanted advice on how to quikly clean the dust off the car from having sat under a car cover for a couple of weeks... I told him we could take care of that real quik, pulled out the Kwazar and sprayed the entire side of the car, and while I began wiping it down I had him spray the other side of the car. His 1st words after using it were “damn this things pretty nice, you just got this”?

This is the car, this picture was taken another day when I rinseless washed it with WG Uber.

It’s completely dirty in this pic.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180606/cd53968254905f2166354efb6573bb06.heic

50/50 after rinseless wash.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180606/f8c64246146d6d6d7b739c2009fc345b.heic

@Eldo Do you have experience with iK sprayers/foamers ?

No I don’t. From the little I remember seeing they seem a bit larger? If so I’m not really into the idea of a sprayer requiring 2 hands to use.

As far as 1 of these that foams? You couldn’t pay me to use it. I make sure to keep my sprayer that holds D143 to more of a med. stream otherwise it’ll make foam out of it and IMO it’s a completely negative experience because it goes through product faster than a fish drinks water + the foam, while it does sort of cling, it also seems to mostly be alot of air bubbles and not all lathered product like I would’ve imagined. I did like it a bit when I sprayed it like foam on big truck wheels & tires, but on every other vehicle I simply want it to spray liquid.

Route246
06-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Right on. You won’t be disappointed. If you’re getting it for use with WG Uber stick with the Red 1 and not the Black 1. I say this based off the advice I got before I ordered mine from a fellow AG member saying he had a bad experience with the metal tipped black sprayer not lasting very long. So far the tips on mine haven’t shown any negative signs.

I also got tired of the constant hand spraying. It’s even worse when doing wheels & tires because you know how it is... And you have to spray quite a bit non stop on 2 tires at a time. [I do 2 tires at a time] So when I made the decision to go back to using D143 there was no way I was going to cheat myself and not treat myself to another 1 of these sprayers.[emoji4]

A friend of mine came by this past weekend on his way to a car show and wanted advice on how to quikly clean the dust off the car from having sat under a car cover for a couple of weeks... I told him we could take care of that real quik, pulled out the Kwazar and sprayed the entire side of the car, and while I began wiping it down I had him spray the other side of the car. His 1st words after using it were “damn this things pretty nice, you just got this”?

This is the car, this picture was taken another day when I rinseless washed it with WG Uber.

It’s completely dirty in this pic.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180606/cd53968254905f2166354efb6573bb06.heic

50/50 after rinseless wash.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180606/f8c64246146d6d6d7b739c2009fc345b.heic

No I don’t. From the little I remember seeing they seem a bit larger? If so I’m not really into the idea of a sprayer requiring 2 hands to use.

As far as 1 of these that foams? You couldn’t pay me to use it. I make sure to keep my sprayer that holds D143 to more of a med. stream otherwise it’ll make foam out of it and IMO it’s a completely negative experience because it goes through product faster than a fish drinks water + the foam, while it does sort of cling, it also seems to mostly be alot of air bubbles and not all lathered product like I would’ve imagined. I did like it a bit when I sprayed it like foam on big truck wheels & tires, but on every other vehicle I simply want it to spray liquid.

That is impressive with the side-by-side before/after shot.

I have a friend who doesn't have access to a hose or wash area and I keep trying to convince him to give rinseless a try, just like you did with me. He always says, "Yeah, whatever" and I sent him links to some nice youtube videos, too. I even prepared a 16 oz bottle of Uber that would give him and he is still worried about swirls (BMW, black paint) and deviating from his ritual.

I wonder how many other lurkers are here like I was that just haven't given it a try. The way I got started with the QD route. I started hitting my car with generous amounts of QD and came to the realization that this might actually work without swirling the paint. Then, a 25% sale happened, I thought to myself, heck, now is as good a time as ever and I ordered the gallon Uber rinseless, mixed up a batch and did the whole RS in under 20 minutes and was amazed and convinced it is a good option. The only difference is that it doesn't wash all of the dust and cruft from the nooks and crannies as well as a good burst of water from a nozzle AND it doesn't wash around the edges of the glass and rear view mirrors as well as a blast of water does, either. I still plan to do normal maintenance washes with the hose but the rinseless route is always there when I'm short of time.

Eldorado2k
06-06-2018, 10:10 PM
@Route246. Yea you’re right about the nooks & crannies, and the glass too.. I tend to sort of dislike doing the glass sometimes when doing a waterless/rinseless for the same reason that I know it’ll render my towels super caked with dirt and there’s only so much I can bare to look at. Lol.
Squeegees and multi purpose microfibers come in handy as they’re good for the initial pass to do the grunt work on glass, leaving your dedicated towel for the final spot free glass cleaning. It’s good to have 1 or 2 multi purpose microfibers available to wipedown certain areas such as rocker panels and bumpers, and those other areas where you’d rather not have to use your better towels on.

Best of all, waterless/rinseless washing gives you the freedom to be as insane as you’d like without having to bother anyone else or even turn the water spigot on.[emoji705]
You have the freedom to simply walk into your garage after dinner while enjoying a cold beverage and wipedown your car in no time without having to waste anywhere near the time and energy that a normL bucket wash entails.[emoji4]

Route246
06-07-2018, 12:29 AM
@Route246. Yea you’re right about the nooks & crannies, and the glass too.. I tend to sort of dislike doing the glass sometimes when doing a waterless/rinseless for the same reason that I know it’ll render my towels super caked with dirt and there’s only so much I can bare to look at. Lol.
Squeegees and multi purpose microfibers come in handy as they’re good for the initial pass to do the grunt work on glass, leaving your dedicated towel for the final spot free glass cleaning. It’s good to have 1 or 2 multi purpose microfibers available to wipedown certain areas such as rocker panels and bumpers, and those other areas where you’d rather not have to use your better towels on.

Best of all, waterless/rinseless washing gives you the freedom to be as insane as you’d like without having to bother anyone else or even turn the water spigot on.[emoji705]
You have the freedom to simply walk into your garage after dinner while enjoying a cold beverage and wipedown your car in no time without having to waste anywhere near the time and energy that a normL bucket wash entails.[emoji4]

Excellent point regarding just walking into the garage and hitting the paint after dinner. I did just that tonight. It's almost therapeutic to be able to do this. You don't even need to do the whole car if it is relatively clean already. Sometimes I just want to hit the hood and roof so I can finish it with a spray wax. Just like a woman freshening up her makeup, I guess. LOL!!!