PDA

View Full Version : i want opinions on car washing and drying

mobiledr.detail313
02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
ok ive been washing and drying for years now and i just want to hear some different options or suggestions from some of you pro's

1. do you like using the california water blade to knock off heavy water before using a micro fiber or chamois?

2. would i be better off investing in a leaf blower? then going over with microfiber towels ( i personally dont like chamois but if someone can convince me otherwise im all ears as to why chamois over microfiber)

3. i see a lot of people on here like using foam guns and 2 bucket method washing heres how i like to wash: i mix 1 ounce of my car wash soap into a spary bottle and then fill the rest with water and i just spray the whole vehicle down with this mixture and pressure wash it off (if vehicle is extremly dirty after i do that i use a 1 bucket method with microfiber wash mitt) then i just pressure wash again. on the tires and rims i use rim and tire cleaner . how does this procedure sound to you should i change it up or what? (i know the ole saying if its broke dont fix it but i do like other opinions)

any comments would be apprecitaed, ill be back later to check.

D
02-07-2008, 03:19 PM
1. Absolutely not, it scratches the paint.

2. My ideal method is CR Spotless system, flooding method, electric leaf blower, then a quality waffle weave. And dont forget a properly maintained car. Otherwise the water will not sheet off. Itll just stick there.

3. When I wash my car I start with the wheel wells, tires, and rims. I use car soap in my foam gun for the wheel wells, tires, and wheels. I use a separate sponge for the wheels. Also a wheel well brush and tire brush. And I use two separate buckets for this. They are clean usually pretty clean. If not, Ill use the necessary degreasers and wheel cleaners.

After that I move onto the paint using two other buckets. Spray the car down with a light stream of water. Then spray on my soap mixture. The car is clean, so I use a gentle soap. My sponge of choice is the LC Ulti mit. I let the soap sit on for a minute or so to remove any more lose dirt. Then rinse it off with a heavier stream. Then go ahead and wash the car. 1 panel at a time, then rinse the mitt and the panel off. After its done being washed, it gets the flooding method. Then leaf blower, then waffle weave.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
1. do you like using the california water blade to knock off heavy water before using a micro fiber or chamois?

No to water blades.. all it would take is one particle of debris left on your paint and the blade will create some horrible scratches

2. would i be better off investing in a leaf blower? then going over with microfiber towels ( i personally dont like chamois but if someone can convince me otherwise im all ears as to why chamois over microfiber)

Yup, leaf blower is the way to go..IMO MF's are the only way to go when drying

3. i see a lot of people on here like using foam guns and 2 bucket method washing heres how i like to wash: i mix 1 ounce of my car wash soap into a spary bottle and then fill the rest with water and i just spray the whole vehicle down with this mixture and pressure wash it off (if vehicle is extremly dirty after i do that i use a 1 bucket method with microfiber wash mitt) then i just pressure wash again. on the tires and rims i use rim and tire cleaner . how does this procedure sound to you should i change it up or what? (i know the ole saying if its broke dont fix it but i do like other opinions)

I personally would not feel comfortable spraying a solution on and PW off.. Again, any particle of debris left on your paint can and will creat damagew when you proceed to your polish and/or lsp step

2 bucket method is tried and true.. foam guns/cannons also adds an added layer of security in order to remove any debris prior to a wash media touching the paint

scottgt
02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
the new waffle weave is amazing!!!

ScottB
02-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I dont use the blade nor the chamois, a leaf blower and a final wipe with a well lubricated qd'er and MF towel is best.

The foam gun can cut down to one bucket use, its for the clean water. The main benefit of the gun is presoaking. Any dirt removed prior to washing is one less scratch IMO.