PDA

View Full Version : Question about Blackfire Primer Polish

Pages : [1] 2

Eldorado2k
05-31-2018, 01:40 PM
How can this polish be “non abrasive” yet still remove swirls & scratches? Am I missing something?

BLACKFIRE Pro Primer Polish (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-pro-primer-polish.html)

Nix
05-31-2018, 01:45 PM
plus doesnt come in smaller bottle

john b
05-31-2018, 03:29 PM
seems misleading

ducksfan
05-31-2018, 04:53 PM
Paint cleaner with fillers?

Looks like their version of CarPros Essence

PaulMys
05-31-2018, 07:37 PM
How can this polish be “non abrasive” yet still remove swirls & scratches? Am I missing something?

BLACKFIRE Pro Primer Polish (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-pro-primer-polish.html)

I'm thinking they are claiming your choice of pad will provide the cut......

That said, I will stay with cutting products, then choose my pads accordingly.

FUNX650
05-31-2018, 07:57 PM
How can this polish be “non abrasive”
yet still remove swirls & scratches?
Am I missing something?

“BLACKFIRE Pro Primer Polish
contains —>Silica technology<—...”

Bob

rlmccarty2000
05-31-2018, 09:20 PM
That’s a very good question. Essence has abrasives. Hopefully someone from AG will chime in. I’m thinking it has abrasives and the ad copy is wrong. This is why a few free bottles for review is necessary.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-31-2018, 09:42 PM
Paint cleaner with fillers?

Looks like their version of CarPros Essence

You mean CarPro Essence +

As Bob said, works on the same fashion, I'm assuming that it will fill then with the coating over hardens the filler... I'm guessing here.
Megs #7 is considered a non-abrasive polish... pretty much scratches and swirls go away until you wash the car again... I'm assuming same principle except the coating probably locks in the fillers or Silica.

Eldorado2k
05-31-2018, 09:42 PM
“BLACKFIRE Pro Primer Polish
contains —>Silica technology<—...”

Bob

That tells me nothing..

Eldorado2k
05-31-2018, 09:50 PM
You mean CarPro Essence +

As Bob said, works on the same fashion, I'm assuming that it will fill then with the coating over hardens the filler... I'm guessing here.
Megs #7 is considered a non-abrasive polish... pretty much scratches and swirls go away until you wash the car again... I'm assuming same principle except the coating probably locks in the fillers or Silica.

But I thought Essence+ shouldn’t be used as a primer before laying down a coating?

I’m not an expert on coatings, but based on the replies I’d kind of agree that it would sort of seem more similar to Essence. I dunno.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-31-2018, 10:36 PM
But I thought Essence+ shouldn’t be used as a primer before laying down a coating?

I’m not an expert on coatings, but based on the replies I’d kind of agree that it would sort of seem more similar to Essence. I dunno.

You're right. I just went out and looked at my Essence + bottle. I tried it once and had bad results.

SWETM
06-01-2018, 12:36 AM
As someone wrote before I also think it's cutting comes from the pad choice. They recommend a polishing pad or an AIO pad which would give you some cut on it's own. I have only used Ultima Paint Prep Plus as a non abrasive prewax cleaner and primer for UPGP. It gave some cut too and not just filling. It has worn off on the panels I used it on and didn't do all of the car. And the panels done just has the deeper defects left still and the finer marring scratches is still not to be seened. It was polished last september so would think that the filling is gone. That said I would still want a fine abrasive in a primer polish and use a finishing pad and move up in aggressiveness if I would need more cut.

FUNX650
06-01-2018, 05:01 AM
—>Silica technology<—...”

That tells me nothing..
Look it up.
Silica is an abrasive. smh:

Bob

fightnews
06-01-2018, 05:21 AM
Look it up.
Silica is an abrasive. smh:

Bob

Ok but they claim the product is non abrasive smh

FUNX650
06-01-2018, 05:29 AM
Ok but they claim the product
is non abrasive smh
•You’ve stated many times before that
you don’t believe all claims.
-Are you saying you believe this one? smh:

•Many products claim to be non-abrasive;
yet, they still have the ability to “round over”
the edges of swirls/scratches. Yea, right!!

Bob