PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to try other car washes.

RickyRu
05-31-2018, 09:14 AM
Love PoorBoy's Super Slick and Suds but wanting to try some others. What products are comparable in suds and lubricity? Thank you.

briarpatch
05-31-2018, 10:23 AM
I've not used their Slick and Suds, but have used Slick and Foam, which Poorboys advertises as more of a pre-wash. Other soaps I've tried that I thought foamed well and had good lubricity....McKees Extreme Foam, Chemical Guys Honeydew and Meguiars Gold Class.

SWETM
05-31-2018, 10:26 AM
I like carpro reset. Great cleaning ability and awesome lubrication. And gives you a clean finish to ad your QD or spray wax or glossenhancer.

Ebg18t
05-31-2018, 11:43 AM
McKee’s 37 Extreme Foam or SiO2 wash, Wolfgang Auto Bathe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BadgerRivFan
05-31-2018, 11:53 AM
Optimum Car Wash is a nice shampoo to try

The Guz
05-31-2018, 12:52 PM
Here are some good one's to consider. These all have a good amount of suds and lubricity.

Meguiar's Hyperwash

Jay Leno Vehicle Wash - This one surprised me. Was told it was sun safe by the Leno's Garage folks.

McKee's Xtreme Foam

Optimum Car Wash

CarPro Reset - Good but it is a bit on the strong side and will degrade a wax or sealant faster. Great for a coated vehicle.

McKee's SiO2 Wash - It is good but on the expensive side. Sun safe as well. It definitely leaves something behind as I noticed some change in hydrophobic properties.

Ok shampoos for me

Gyeon Bathe - too expensive for the amount and dilution ratio.

Gyeon Bathe Essence - Seems a bit weak and doesn't have that high suds like regular bathe. I tend to use more than the recommended ratio to get it to perform better. Thus not making it cost effective.

osiapstndp
05-31-2018, 01:01 PM
CarPro Reset is great. McKee's Xtreme Foam, Power Wash and Sio2 Auto Wash are great too. I oftentimes use CarPro Reset on the body and Optimum Car Wash on wheelwork. I keep forgetting to buy Meguiar's Hyper Wash.