PDA

View Full Version : Tuf shire tire coat vs McKee’s tire coat

Success
05-29-2018, 10:25 PM
Been out the game for 2 years or so. When I was big into detailing, tuf shine was top dog. McKee tire coat (dp then) was new as well as a currently discontinued turtle wax tire coat. What’s best these days? Or best value really?

The Guz
05-29-2018, 11:26 PM
They are both similar Both last about the same amount of time. McKee's has a little more sheen to it. Other than flip a coin and pick one.

howardm4
05-30-2018, 05:12 AM
How much real-world longevity does the TufShine have (including intermittent raining)??

BudgetPlan1
05-30-2018, 07:27 AM
How much real-world longevity does the TufShine have (including intermittent raining)??

Sometimes it depends on tire but used on some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ZP tires, applied Summer 2016 and 12k miles later, have yet to reapply. This is kinda a summer only car but it does see rain. On my daily driver, initially applied in June 2017 drove 20k miles through NE Ohio winter and it was OK afterwards this Spring but I re-cleaned tires with TuffShine Cleaner, re-applied 2 coats anyway. I expect it will last me through summer and well into fall if last years experience is an indicator. Stuff certainly is 'Tuff', that's for sure.

It's quite nice not to have any tire maintenance to deal with for very long periods of time. I just give the tires a quick wash with a mitt and whatever is left in bucket after bucket washing car and they always look good. Although gloss can be increased with multiple layers/coats, it's certainly not gonna be the the absolute glossiest out there if you're into that look.

glen e
05-30-2018, 07:43 AM
I get a full 6 months out of TAC tire coat...