PDA

View Full Version : New here from So Cal

gr0uch
05-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new here and live in SoCal.

I wanna thank everyone on here as everyone seems so helpful and there's a wealth of knowledge! I never realized how ignorant I was to how important certain things are, even when it comes to just washing the exterior of a car!

That being said, I purchased some supplies from CG (Chemical Guys) to include their Torq foam cannon and well, first use was great. I got shaving cream style foam. Now, the issue is that even after cleaning it after the first use, the second and third time even with 3 ounces of Mr. Pink I get soapy water. Is it just their cannon or am I doing something else wrong? I've been using warm water and even tried using less water with 3 ounces of soap to no avail. Is there a better cannon out there for me?

The Guz
05-29-2018, 10:08 PM
Welcome to forum.

gr0uch
05-29-2018, 10:25 PM
Welcome to forum.

Thank you!

Kamakaz1961
05-29-2018, 10:29 PM
Welcome to AGO

gr0uch
05-29-2018, 10:30 PM
Welcome to AGO

Thanks man.

Mike Phillips
05-30-2018, 05:08 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new here and live in SoCal.

Been there, done that, left in 2009.

Welcome to AGO! :welcome:

I wanna thank everyone on here as everyone seems so helpful and there's a wealth of knowledge!

I never realized how ignorant I was to how important certain things are, even when it comes to just washing the exterior of a car!

Lots of info on this forum and great people.

That being said, I purchased some supplies from CG (Chemical Guys) to include their Torq foam cannon and well, first use was great. I got shaving cream style foam. Now, the issue is that even after cleaning it after the first use, the second and third time even with 3 ounces of Mr. Pink I get soapy water.

Is it just their cannon or am I doing something else wrong?

I've been using warm water and even tried using less water with 3 ounces of soap to no avail. Is there a better cannon out there for me?

Sorry to say I have not used the Torq Foam Cannon. I'm assuming you mean this one?

Chemical Guys - TORQ Professional Foam Cannon (https://www.chemicalguys.com/TORQ_Professional_Foam_Cannon_p/eqp_310.htm)

I tend to use foam "guns" as it's such a hassle to drag out the pressure washer just to wash a car, (in my opinion).

Maybe try their customer care phone number and see what they suggest?

:)

Paul A.
05-30-2018, 08:34 AM
Welcome to AutoGeek, grOuch.

SWETM
05-30-2018, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the forum!

If you use a 1-2oz of a APC to your bottle of the foamcannon. Foam out the half of it and let the rest dwell for 10 minutes. And foam it out on your driveway or something else really dirty. Then after the 10min foam out the rest of the bottle remains. Make sure it's on the highest setting with the most chemical dilution and thickness setting. Then rinse out the foamcannon bottle and fill it with only water and foam it through the foamcannon till the bottle is empty. And do this with the water only after every use of the foamcannon. Then you know you don't have any dried up soap in the foamcannon the next time you use it.

Cruzscarwash
05-30-2018, 03:20 PM
where at in SoCal are you?? im up near Palmdale area.

gr0uch
05-30-2018, 07:21 PM
where at in SoCal are you?? im up near Palmdale area.

I'm in the Riverside area.

gr0uch
05-30-2018, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the forum!

If you use a 1-2oz of a APC to your bottle of the foamcannon. Foam out the half of it and let the rest dwell for 10 minutes. And foam it out on your driveway or something else really dirty. Then after the 10min foam out the rest of the bottle remains. Make sure it's on the highest setting with the most chemical dilution and thickness setting. Then rinse out the foamcannon bottle and fill it with only water and foam it through the foamcannon till the bottle is empty. And do this with the water only after every use of the foamcannon. Then you know you don't have any dried up soap in the foamcannon the next time you use it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try this. I'm guessing that maybe the cannon has some dried up soap and is causing it not to foam up so well?

Is it just me or is it this cannon? I thought about ordering the MTM one in hopes that one would be better.. hmmm....