PDA

View Full Version : Coating for Boat Glass?

explorerlyon
05-29-2018, 10:26 AM
My wakeboard boat spends all day with water spray on the windshield and I end up with lots of water spots. I have used Rain-X in the past with mediocre results. I also used an AIO with slightly better results. Would a coating help? We are rarely going over 30mph with wake boarding and wakesurfing. Suggestions?

Mike Phillips
05-29-2018, 11:07 AM
Just curious...

Fresh water or salt water?

:)

explorerlyon
05-29-2018, 11:19 AM
Just curious...

Fresh water or salt water?

Fresh water.

Mike Phillips
05-29-2018, 01:15 PM
Fresh water.

Sorry to say but there's probably no great answer, I know due to the lack of salt in fresh water that there will be less minerals on the glass but still, whatever is in the water will show up as water spots in any water.

Instead of Rain-X, try a ceramic coating, Gtechniq, Dr. Beasley's are two brands I can think of off hand that offer popular glass coatings.

But in the real world, it will always be something you have to deal with, that's the price you will pay for having all that fun on the water.

AZpolisher15
05-29-2018, 04:01 PM
Clean the glass with McKee's High Performance glass restorer and then apply Aquapel. Things will wipe off the glass effortlessly. Repeat once or twice a year.

Wipe the windows with a damp, then dry, towel at the end of the day (or out and about during your adventures).