PDA

View Full Version : Dlux question

hoyt66
05-28-2018, 11:33 AM
I used Dlux on the plastic parts on my truck today. I cleaned with apc and then distilled water. Let dry and applied with provided applicator (car pro block and suede cloth)
The product went on very difficult and "sticky" feeling. I have used dlux before but do not remember it being like this. I just bought the product 3 weeks ago. It is a little humid here in Detroit today but I do not feel thats it. Thinking I have old product?? Thoughts?

The Guz
05-28-2018, 12:00 PM
It’s normal for DLUX to feel tacky. It will get a little slicker a few hours later.

MattPersman
05-28-2018, 12:25 PM
It cures with humidity faster than if there was not any. Probably darn near wipe on wipe off in the Midwest heat and humidity right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkD51
05-28-2018, 01:53 PM
Honestly, and I don't know why, but after going through 4 Bottles of DLX, and on no matter what, Plastic Trim, Wheels, I was never able to come behind and wipe it with anything, no matter how quickly I followed up after application.

That I'd get horrendous smearing and smudging.

Thus I'd apply it, look at it very good under good light, quickly apply and not dare touch or go over again after.
I'd work around a wheel, doing all the intricate nooks and crannies, then the faces last.

And with trim, work from one end to the other.

Then do not touch it for at least a couple hour's time.

I love the product on how it protects and lasts, but dislike its stickiness.

My opinion is, that if that any Carpro Product should be modified and improved in this regard, it is DLX.

gsmarquis
05-28-2018, 03:40 PM
I used it on my wheels and piano black platic on pillars.......I could never get timing right for wipe off. No matter what I tried it was super sticky. Played all times from 30secs to 3 mins. Pretty sure from now on I will just Hydro2 or reload everything.

hoyt66
05-28-2018, 03:50 PM
Thank you for the replies. Sounds like that's the nature of the beast.

Bruno Soares
05-28-2018, 05:52 PM
I’m about to use it for the first time and you guys are making me nervous.

Rsurfer
05-28-2018, 06:36 PM
I’m about to use it for the first time and you guys armaking me nervous.

Super clean surface and apply to small sections with thin coats. First thin coat, level with second pass and move on to the next section. Do not keep going over the same area as it will become grabby if you continue to go over the same area. Add several drops of Dlux to your applicator and continue to the next area.

The Guz
05-28-2018, 09:24 PM
I’m about to use it for the first time and you guys are making me nervous.

Don't be nervous. You will get the hang of it rather quickly. It is easier to work with on plastic trim than on wheels or plastics like taillights/headlights.

Franko07
05-29-2018, 03:04 PM
i noticed it has resistance when applied 100* to black plastic front bumper/grille and then waited 5 min or so and wiped with microfiber to even it out.... turned out nice with no streaks but i also put it on what i consider thick.

when i did the solid powder coated surfaces a month or so ago it went on easier and had about the same resistance as the plastic when wiping it off.

Avi@CarPro
06-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Super clean surface and apply to small sections with thin coats. First thin coat, level with second pass and move on to the next section. Do not keep going over the same area as it will become grabby if you continue to go over the same area. Add several drops of Dlux to your applicator and continue to the next area.

As said above , no need continuous applying, and no need waiting time, apply on and wipe off almost instant , specially if its humid
if it feels sticky use same applicator with few more drops on that area and wipe off right after.