PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer

JRP
05-28-2018, 11:00 AM
I have a gallon of Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer and the scent from the first opening has been soured.

I have read posts where this was an issue for many other user`s of this Meguiars product.

My question is has anyone added a scent to mask this unpleasant smell or should I junk this gallon.

Coopers ST
05-28-2018, 11:56 AM
I think it still works, just stinks. I would use it if you can stand the smell.

Maxreed241
05-28-2018, 04:39 PM
It’s a good product. Funky smell. I’m almost done with my gallon. Once I run out I will get ONR because it is more economical, the smell is way better, and more uses.

BillyJack
05-29-2018, 11:38 AM
While it isn't as inexpensive as ONR, try some Opti-Clean. It has no objectionable odor, works well inside and outside, including paint, leather, even touch screens and leaves a smooth finish with a bit of protection. The concentrate can be diluted 1:3 to 1:4, so a decent buy at $16/ quart or $40/ gallon. I keep a small spray bottle in my cars at all times to handle interior spots, including my leather, as well as bird bombs.

Bill

JRP
05-29-2018, 07:01 PM
I bought this gallon a year plus ago and have used 25% of it. Just hoping someone else had figured a way to add scent to mask smell.

I have use only damp microfiber on interior of some of my family vehicles and I have read where others use ONR mixed to many ratios to do most everything.

BillyJack I had a spray bottle of Opti-Clean got it in a Mystery Box and I think it`s great product.

Thanks to all for your replies.

Legumes
05-30-2018, 03:08 AM
I have some that has the same sour smell(it didn't initially). I still use it, but leave the windows down on the car in the garage after applying it. I really don't smell it at all the next day and my sense of smell is pretty strong. Is yours bad enough that you're smelling it for a long time after application?

JRP
05-30-2018, 09:48 PM
No it`s not long lingering.

Rhuarc3
02-17-2019, 05:23 PM
I know this is an older topic. I just had the same problem with a bottle of mine. The smell has been in my truck for three days now. It’s going in the shop for some engine work, hoping it’s gone when I get it back. Does anyone know what causes the smell, and if meguiar's has done anything to change the formula so it stops happening? Otherwise, I’m getting a different product from now on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk