PDA

View Full Version : Gyeon leather coat vs leather shield and conditioning

DHC6
05-28-2018, 08:47 AM
Hello, I apologize if this has been covered but I couldn’t seem to find the exact answers.

So question #1. What’s the difference between Gyeon Leather shield and Leather Coat? Is it the same as their other product line? One is simply longer more “Permanent”?

#2. Can I still use a conditioner? If so at what stage is it good to use? i.e. after cleaning/coating? Or do I even still need to use the conditioner?

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Loiis

FrankS
05-28-2018, 08:54 AM
It appears that the Leather Shield is longer lasting than the Leather Coat. I would think that a conditioner is not needed after applying either one.

SWETM
05-28-2018, 08:59 AM
What FrankS wrote.

TroyScherer
05-28-2018, 10:45 AM
I have been using the GYEON Q2 Leather Coat as I usually do an interior wipe down once a month and the having this last 2-3months let’s me re-apply more often. I just have not seen the need to use a leather coating since I can’t get over the long term wear effects and trying to decide when and how to re-apply.

BudgetPlan1
05-28-2018, 11:24 AM
Have about 5k miles (1 year) on Leather Coat and 19k miles (11 months) on Leather Shield. Seems as if Coat is starting to show a little bit of sheen while Shield is still maintaining its original flat appearance. I'm quite pleased with how it has held up. Gave it a quick once over with Gyeon Leather Cleaner this Spring just because and it still looks and feels as new.

Shield was applied to a new car, Coat was used on 2004 car with 55k miles on it at application time. After cleaning with Leather Cleaner both appeared nicely OEM (Coat did a nice job 'renewing' the 55k mile leather) but Shield has definitely held that 'just applied' look and feel better despite getting far more use. Both are very nice options but Shield gets my vote.

DHC6
05-28-2018, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys. Exactly what I was looking for.

The Guz
06-03-2018, 03:50 AM
Jeff McEachran just wrote an article on detailed image with a good explanation between the two.