PDA

View Full Version : White road marks on bumpers

kodakdave
05-26-2018, 07:19 PM
Hey all,

i washed my car today and i noticed white dots all over my bumpers and at the back of my roof spoiler. im guessing it is road mark paint. the car was coated 1.5 months ago with cquartz uk and i do not really want to polish over it again....:nomore:

i've tried angelwax nemesis (tar remover and boy does this smell like kerosine :) ) and rinsed but they stick on there, i know im gonna marr the paint whenever im gonna use clay. Do i really have to?

Thanks!!

DaveT435
05-26-2018, 09:58 PM
With the right clay lube if you're careful you may get it off without any marring. Paint thinner, mineral spirits, etc would work, not sure what it would do to the coating though.

kodakdave
05-27-2018, 08:12 AM
With the right clay lube if you're careful you may get it off without any marring. Paint thinner, mineral spirits, etc would work, not sure what it would do to the coating though.

i've tried a bunch of ech20 dilluted as qd and the carpro clay block and it seems to get rid of it after a couple of passes, i was very gentle so there was no marring hooray :)

DaveT435
05-27-2018, 12:59 PM
i've tried a bunch of ech20 dilluted as qd and the carpro clay block and it seems to get rid of it after a couple of passes, i was very gentle so there was no marring hooray :)

Glad it worked out.