PDA

View Full Version : Grey vs blue 6.5" PC pad...

emaxxman
07-10-2006, 11:20 PM
What's the practical difference between the two pads...the description says they're used for the same thing. I already have the grey and use it to apply NXT. Should I use the blue pad instead?

Excessive Detail
07-10-2006, 11:53 PM
The gray pad is used more for applications, the blue pad can be used for application and/or removal, I still say remove anything by hand with a mf, on the other hand you can get MF bonnets to fit over your blue or grey pads to remove stuff, I have some, but haven't used them yet, I just feel safer doing it by hand.

BILL
07-11-2006, 07:41 AM
The gray pad is used more for applications, the blue pad can be used for application and/or removal, I still say remove anything by hand with a mf, on the other hand you can get MF bonnets to fit over your blue or grey pads to remove stuff, I have some, but haven't used them yet, I just feel safer doing it by hand.

:iagree: blue for application/removal, although the bonnets look soft and yummy, just my luck i get a piece of sand or whatever in the bonnet and its SWIRL city all over again......ill maybe use the blue for removal and finish with the M.F. towel.

emaxxman
07-11-2006, 09:18 AM
OK, I'll stick with the grey pads then. I used it to apply the NXT quickly. It was much easier to lay a thin coat down with the PC. I still had to use the foam applicator pad for spots where the PC couldn't reach.

I'll also stick with removing the wax with a MF towel. It was so easy to do that there is no point in chancing putting in a swirl or scratch with the PC.

BILL
07-11-2006, 10:38 AM

I would now after giving it some thought,think its safer with a microfiber bonnet over a lambs wool bonnet for xtra cushion for a final buff..after all it is M.F. but that possibility of a little piece of sand keeps coming into play

A/G has a nice little bonnet package for the 7424......

Excessive Detail
07-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I would now after giving it some thought,think its safer with a microfiber bonnet over a lambs wool bonnet for xtra cushion for a final buff..after all it is M.F. but that possibility of a little piece of sand keeps coming into play

A/G has a nice little bonnet package for the 7424......

That would suck, I want to try the bonnets but have similia fears, I feel safer doing it by hand, plus you get to feel the results of your hard work, as goofy as that sounds.

BILL
07-12-2006, 06:11 AM
That would suck, I want to try the bonnets but have similia fears, I feel safer doing it by hand, plus you get to feel the results of your hard work, as goofy as that sounds.

NO NOT GOOFY, I :iagree: But im going to try it on the trunk and ill let you know how it is......:cheers:

ScottB
07-12-2006, 06:11 AM
you could use bonnets alone with a soft foam core (finishing pads). Remember you need a little stability to help remove the wax/sealant. And I have found the blue pads to be a touch softer initially, but seems my grey pads seem to get softer after first use. (maybe just my imagination)

BILL
07-12-2006, 06:14 AM
I Would use the M.F. bonnet on top of a lambs wool bonnet as in the 7424 bonnet package as a very last buff....... low speed......3

emaxxman
07-12-2006, 09:25 AM

I agree...not goofy at all. To me the satisfaction comes from sight and touch. I love the shine but I also love feeling how the mf towel just glides effortlessly over my newly polished and waxed car.

emaxxman
07-12-2006, 09:27 AM
you could use bonnets alone with a soft foam core (finishing pads). Remember you need a little stability to help remove the wax/sealant. And I have found the blue pads to be a touch softer initially, but seems my grey pads seem to get softer after first use. (maybe just my imagination)

One thing I did notice with the grey pad was that I had to be very cognizant of the pressure being applied. The pad was so soft that the weight of the PC alone made it mushroom more than I think one would want. This made it awkward to apply a thin coat of NXT. I had to focus on providing support of the PC at all times.

BILL
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM
I agree...not goofy at all. To me the satisfaction comes from sight and touch. I love the shine but I also love feeling how the mf towel just glides effortlessly over my newly polished and waxed car.

I understand fully:)