PDA

View Full Version : Inspecting Paint

D
02-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Do you do a prep- sol or alcohol wipe down as you polish, why or why not?

How much time do you spend inspecting the paint after/ as you polish?

How do you inspect the paint?

Jimmie
02-06-2008, 02:04 PM
1. No=I always follow with a paint cleaner or AIO and I do not consider some minor filling that negative. By the same token I try to avoid products with much filling.
2. Inspect each 2x2 section to see if I need to go back over it. The first 2x2 section start to finish establishes my game plan.
3. Direct sunlight or Brinkmann xenon at the proper angle.

Driven Auto Detail
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I typically do not do a wipe-down. The reason for this is because I use products that, to the best of my knowledge, do not contain fillers. Once I polish a section, I'll use the sun, the Brinkmann, or halogens to inspect the area. If it looks good, I move on.

Being a mobile detailer, you're limited on time whether it is the sun, or the persons schedule (especially when they are at work), etc.

mixxer
02-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I will either do a alcohol wipe down or and AIO before moving on to my next step but always inspect with a light source first.

ScottB
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM
I do after the first panel or two ... wanna see if any filling present and if additional work is needed.

Mr Dream Machines
02-06-2008, 10:52 PM
When using abrasives on a black car, I will do a alco wipedown to make sure the results are the real deal
However when using the permanent filling system, I do not as it will defeat the whole purpose of using that system