PDA

View Full Version : Why do I like...

Pages : [1] 2

scooterguitar
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Megs #26 paste wax more and more? Awhile back I got a jar of it for like $2. I figured what the heck. I started using it on lowers and bumber areas, as I heard it was pretty tough. Now I find myself reaching for it more and more. To me, it seems it adds a certain "glow". Can you explain this? What other waxes might add that glow that are higher quality?

ScottB
07-10-2006, 07:57 PM
carnaubas are often described as offering a "glow". As always Souveran is considered one of the best. Zymol Concours had a bit of a glow as did Pinnacles Paste Glaz (discontinued).

scooterguitar
07-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Why does #26 glow more than say Nat Blue, S100, DP, etc?

Surfer
07-10-2006, 08:16 PM
NB is extremely deep and wet, Souv is that also with a little more glow/warmness I guess you could say. #26 looks good but not like NB or Souv IMO, still a great wax though.

scooterguitar
07-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, my thinking was, a decent cheaper wax in the beginning. Now I notice this glow that none ofmy others get. Granted, most of my others look better overall, but lack that glow. I have tons of nubas with the exception of Souveran, #26 beats them all in that glow. If i could get that glow with wetness, I would be happy. I know, I know, get Souveran!
I was/am just curious as to what it has in it or why it glows better than others? I haven't layered with it. wonder if I layed it with a wet niba, but then which first, the wet or the glow?

Excessive Detail
07-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Megs #26 paste wax more and more? Awhile back I got a jar of it for like $2. I figured what the heck. I started using it on lowers and bumber areas, as I heard it was pretty tough. Now I find myself reaching for it more and more. To me, it seems it adds a certain "glow". Can you explain this? What other waxes might add that glow that are higher quality?

I had a can of 26 and didn't think much of it till I used, I was pretty impressed with it.
Try pb nattys or pinn. sov. or pinn. paste glanz that killer metioned, I really like the shine that the paste glanz gives, I think it made more toward the side of light colored cars, they are all a lot easier to use than 26.

Driven Auto Detail
07-11-2006, 07:46 AM
I just used #26 over the weekend on my white Grand Am GT. I used it with my PC7424. I couldn't believe how easy it was to use. Although, when I first put it on, it didn't seem to haze up much and I was having trouble seeing it (again, white car). After doing the whole car, I proceded to wipe it off. I have to say that I think it was one of the easiest waxes I've ever used.

I've used Natty Blue in the past and I really like that also for my Carbon Mica Gray Mazda3. But I also picked up some DP Max Wax when it was on sale and used it on the Mazda3 over the weekend...WOW! Good stuff for sure! When people say it goes on and off like butter, they aren't kidding. That stuff is so easy to put on and take off.

Anyway, between #26, Max Wax, & Natty Blue I have 3 great waxes on my shelf right now. I really like all 3.

FloridaNative
07-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Mshu-- The #26 you used with your PC was it the paste or the liquid? I'm just curious. I've used the liquid and it gave off nice reflections.

Driven Auto Detail
07-11-2006, 07:59 AM
It was a liquid.

FloridaNative
07-11-2006, 08:06 AM
thought so. cool. Thanks.:)

Surfer
07-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Maybe try this, Natty's Blue topped with #26 or vice versa, that what a friend just did on his M5 (except with NB and Souv).

scooterguitar
07-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Worth a shot!

BlackCoupe
07-11-2006, 12:59 PM
"Why do I..."

...post half a sentence in my Subject Lines?

bluzman
07-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Dam Scoot, I guess I'll have to go and get some. Just what I need, some more detailing products!! :)

scooterguitar
07-11-2006, 02:21 PM
"Why do I..."

...post half a sentence in my Subject Lines?
Why do you care?:p