PDA

View Full Version : BOSS MF Pads: New packaging and design?

LSNAutoDetailing
05-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Received a shipment of 6 BOSS MF Pads today. I’m used to the x2 pack in the Boss packaging.

Did something change with GG Pads? The backing is white with BMF5?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180515/54eafc652d4fb8f09cbc0b0ffcb9072a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottH
05-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Interesting. I just got 6 less than a week ago and had the "old" packaging/pads. Let us know if you notice any difference in performance.

ScottH

The Guz
05-15-2018, 03:26 PM
The backing looks nice. The foam interface was redesigned. The older packaging did look better.

mwoywod
05-15-2018, 04:31 PM
Buff and shine uro-fiber pads also recently switched from the black hook and loop to white with the customized logos printed in the backing. I actually think the new hook and loop material on the uro-fiber pads is better now.

I wish I didn't buy so many of the old version of the Boss microfiber pads. Most of mine are still unopened. It'll be another 1-2 years before I need to resupply.lol Griot's is cool enough that they would probably let me send all my unopened old boss MF pads in and would replace them all with the new & improved design that doesn't have interface issues... but the truth is I've learned how to deal with the poor durability of the old pads which still work great.

Please let us know how these updated boss MF pads perform and how well the foam interface holds up.

Boss MF Pads are the most comfortable MF pads to use. I always recommend them to guys getting started with paint correction. It is easily the best microfiber pad for maintaining pad rotation on contoured panels. The longer fibers are also great at getting in areas that shorter pile MF cutting pads just can't get.