PDA

View Full Version : Tick marks in black paint

fightnews
05-15-2018, 05:41 AM
I polished my car over the weekend. It was already in good condition so I used 3800 on a finishing pad then jeweled it with escalate lotion. Looks perfect but after doing a quick safety pass with panel wipe I noticed the very fine tick marks.

I 've seen them before so I checked the panel on the opposite side that I didn't use panel wipe on and sure enough they were there. I didn't want to use anything more aggresive because they are so fine plus I know the lsp will fill them in.

They almost look like they are missing paint. Theres a lot of tiny little chips in the paint they almost look like that but they are a line not a circle. Always more noticeable after using panel wipe. Anyone ever have This?

I've only used heavy compound on it 1x but I've used finishing polishes a lot. I don't know that a compound would fix it. It might make it worse

Coopers ST
05-15-2018, 05:47 AM
Is it crows feet? A picture would help.

FUNX650
05-15-2018, 07:22 AM
I polished my car over the weekend.
It was already in good condition so I
used 3800 on a finishing pad
then jeweled it with escalate lotion.

Looks perfect but after doing a quick
safety pass with panel wipe I noticed
the very fine tick marks.

I 've seen them before
so I checked the panel on the opposite side
that I didn't use panel wipe on and sure
enough they were there.

they are so fine plus I know the lsp will fill them in.

Always more noticeable after using panel wipe.

I've only used heavy compound on it 1x
but I've used finishing polishes a lot.

I don't know that a compound would fix it.

Try a ”Test Spot”;
”Least Agressive First”.

The difference between Rotary Buffer Swirls, Cobweb Swirls, Micro-Marring, DA Haze & Tick Marks (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-and-frequently-asked-questions/28443-difference-between-rotary-buffer-swirls-cobweb-swirls-micro-marring-da-haze-tick-marks.html)

Bob

oneheadlite
05-15-2018, 08:27 AM
I polished my car over the weekend. It was already in good condition so I used 3800 on a finishing pad then jeweled it with escalate lotion. Looks perfect but after doing a quick safety pass with panel wipe I noticed the very fine tick marks.

I 've seen them before so I checked the panel on the opposite side that I didn't use panel wipe on and sure enough they were there. I didn't want to use anything more aggresive because they are so fine plus I know the lsp will fill them in.

They almost look like they are missing paint. Theres a lot of tiny little chips in the paint they almost look like that but they are a line not a circle. Always more noticeable after using panel wipe. Anyone ever have This?

Are they impacts from road debris? Or all over the entire car?