PDA

View Full Version : Favorite cleaner, sealant and topper combo for black paint

Pages : 1 [2] 3

lucky417
05-14-2018, 08:32 PM
Alright so this morning I wound up hitting the hood with Megs ultimate polish to take out most of the swirls. I used an orange hexlogic pad and man did it do the trick! Then i used the same combo ive been using of BFWD gloss enhancing polish and All paint protectant. Looks great! I really like to stay with one line of products at a time so that everything goes well together and dont have to worry as much about one product effecting another. That said im leaning towards the CG with blacklight/ black Wax/ v7 detail spray with gloosworkz car wash or honeydew. I also thought about picking up a mini of black ice to finish up with the blackfire combo i have since the bottles are about half full and honestly that would get me by for a another year probably. I usually use a combo of Klasse AIO topped with collonite 845 for winter months for a solid 5-6 month span to get me through. Anyone have any durabilty experience with the CG combo i mentioned? Have any other reccomendations? Id Love to get that deep wet ink black since there are no flakes in my paint. Still considering the WDGPS topped with souveran but im not sure on durability.

FUNX650
05-14-2018, 09:23 PM
I really like to stay with one line of products
at a time so that everything goes well together
and dont have to worry as much about one
product effecting another.

From the variety of products/product combos
you’ve posted below...I’m not so sure I follow
your above statement.

TO WIT:

Alright so this morning I wound up hitting
the hood with Megs ultimate polish...
Then i used the same combo ive been using
of BFWD gloss enhancing polish and All paint
protectant...

I usually use a combo of Klasse AIO
topped with collonite 845 for winter...

Still considering the WDGPS
topped with (Pinnacle) souveran...

im leaning towards the CG with blacklight/
black Wax/ v7 detail spray with gloosworkz
car wash or honeydew.

Anyone have any durabilty experience
with the CG combo i mentioned?

Have any other reccomendations?

Recommendations were submitted;
but, IMO, you might as well admit it:
You’re wanting to go with CG...amiright?

Bob

lucky417
05-14-2018, 09:50 PM
Ahh I see what u mean. I'm not sold on CG. I really do like to stick with one line when it comes to layering products. Collonite 845 and klasse are tried and true and one of my first purchases when I joined here and like I said I use the combo mainly for winter. The reason why I'm leaning towards the CG is because blacklight is more of an AIO. Shine protects and reduces swirls. I very rarely polish and when I do I use Meg's ultimate polish and love it. I like the progression of blacklight topped with black wax and maintained after each washing with v7. The only other CG stuff I own is soap. I love BFWD and have liked all the Pinnacle stuff I have used. Like I mentioned I am intruiged ny wdgps topped with souveran but wasn't sure how durability was and what used to maintain it better after washes. I guess I could use Pinnacle crystal mist spray. So that would be paintwork lotion. Wdgps. Souveran, crystal list spray or souveran sorry I think. Hmm

lucky417
05-14-2018, 09:59 PM
I'm not opposed.to.using blackhole topped with natty blue or black. I just read about cquartz and now my head is apimning The sensible side says to buy black ice to top the bfwd combo but the other says try something new

custmsprty
05-14-2018, 11:01 PM
Blacklight is more of a glaze / filler, not an AIO. I never saw any correction with it, not like HD Speed that's for sure. I'm saying this from personal experience. And it's pretty much gone after a few rains or a few weeks. It has a great initial wow factor but that's about it.

fightnews
05-15-2018, 05:12 AM
Was looking at the cg blacklight, jet seal, black wax combo with maybe adding v7 for some maintenance. Also very interested in wdgps with the gloss enahncing polish topped with fuzion. I have been using bfwd gloss polish with all paint protectant but I think they stopped making it and that's fine I'd like to try something new anyway. I need something that will fill in some swirls. Im also interested in the black ice hybrid wax but not sure what products before that as I'd like to seal then top

The black ice is a very nice wax

fightnews
05-15-2018, 05:19 AM
You really don't need the gloss enhancing polish if you're using ultimate polish. Or any abrasive polish.

MattPersman
05-15-2018, 05:27 AM
Yes the black ice wax makes the most sense to buy that.

I know we all like to experiment with new stuff. We chase this perfect combo in our heads and the stuff is all quality really.

You could even use Meguiars black wax topped with Ultimate fast finish.

Dodo juice has some good combos you could apply as well

There are so many good choices out there we live in a great detailing time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acuRAS82
05-15-2018, 07:05 AM
I agree with the BlackIce based on what you’re looking for. You don’t even need the Sealant under it, BlackIce is tough and has good durability... but it doesn’t hurt having sealant underneath

SWETM
05-15-2018, 03:42 PM
If you would use CG and a cleaner prep product this is an option you might looking for.

Chemical Guys Vertua-Bond 408 16 oz (https://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-vertua-bond-408.html)

And then you have this kit with Black Light and V07 and Pete's 53. Look up how you apply BL with the V07 in synergy. Then you have the Pete's 53 paste wax when you would feel for a carnuaba synthetic wax to topp of the wet look. You can use the V07 as a drying aid too.

Chemical Guys Forum Favorite Kit (https://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-forum-favorite-kit.html)

It's an option to go with if you want to. I like what I have seen Polish Angel has produced. So I have PA esclate lotion and master sealant and to top this I got the PA High Gloss. Like that they seem to be so easy to use. And you have been recommended many great combos so far in this thread.

acuRAS82
05-15-2018, 03:53 PM
It's an option to go with if you want to. I like what I have seen Polish Angel has produced. So I have PA esclate lotion and master sealant and to top this I got the PA High Gloss. Like that they seem to be so easy to use. And you have been recommended many great combos so far in this thread.

Do you get only one polish out of the esclate 200ml jar, or more? How about applications of Master Sealant out of 200ml jar?

lucky417
05-18-2018, 04:12 PM
Yes the black ice wax makes the most sense to buy that.

I know we all like to experiment with new stuff. We chase this perfect combo in our heads and the stuff is all quality really.

You could even use Meguiars black wax topped with Ultimate fast finish.

Dodo juice has some good combos you could apply as well

There are so many good choices out there we live in a great detailing time

What combo from dodo juice? Do they have a paint cleaner/gloss enhancer and then use supernatural or velvet or purple haze?

Tmcbigblue
05-19-2018, 07:36 AM
I have a black car and use to have a black suv. I’ve tried several combos, but in my opinion I believe that the meguiars stuff just looks awesome on black. Ultimate polish and then gold class wax look amazing on black. Very dark black black. I have souveran and I think the gold class looks the best on black. I’m sure I’ll get flamed on that, but that’s my opinion. Also the the gold class quick detail and quick wax look great as well. I’ve only used this combo on black but it’s been my fav on black so far.

SWETM
05-19-2018, 10:29 AM
Do you get only one polish out of the esclate 200ml jar, or more? How about applications of Master Sealant out of 200ml jar?

I'm not really certain how much esclate lotion goes but have read it's 2-3 cars of normal size. It's much about if you only use as 1 step or do a polish or compound before esclate lotion. The Master Sealant says to strech to 6-10 coats. And recommended to apply at least 2 coats for up to 12 months longevity.

MattPersman
05-19-2018, 10:43 AM
What combo from dodo juice? Do they have a paint cleaner/gloss enhancer and then use supernatural or velvet or purple haze?

Lime prime followed by purple haZe pro