PDA

View Full Version : The Better Wheel Cleaner? McKee’s foam or Megs Tire and Wheel

willowcat11
05-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Is one more effective than the other cleaning wheels/rims?

Lastly, is Sonax THAT much better than either of those?

Thankyou!

willowcat11
05-12-2018, 10:58 PM
Just seeing if there is a recognizable difference between the effectiveness of each of these products.

Justin at Final Inspection
05-13-2018, 10:10 AM
I honestly do not care for Sonax. Its good as a iron remover but lacks cleaning power for worse stains and grime. Mckees Foaming wheel cleaner is my go to and works awesome. If I need some iron removal I hit them with a dedicated iron remover if needed. Just like using Iron-x or similar type product for wheels leaves something to be desired if the wheels are really bad.

I have some Sonax here I would gladly give away if you were close by.

fightnews
05-13-2018, 10:11 AM
Is one more effective than the other cleaning wheels/rims?

Lastly, is Sonax THAT much better than either of those?

Thankyou!

McKees is unbelievable I bought a gallon of it

Chopper280
05-13-2018, 12:20 PM
I thought my wheels were clean until I used McKees.
Huge difference, McKees is now my go to!

cleanmycorolla
05-13-2018, 12:25 PM
I like Meguiars new Wheel Cleaner a lot. They just revived a horribly bad set of rims.

briarpatch
05-13-2018, 02:02 PM
once clean, coat your wheels and all you'll ever need is soap and water

willowcat11
05-13-2018, 11:13 PM
Thankyou everyone for your Awesome reply’s! I’m going to pick up that McKee’s Foam Wheel Cleaner now, based on your help!����

I also Totally agree with you Briarpatch! I will totally be protecting them after I clean them.

Peace out all! ✌️

SWETM
05-14-2018, 02:21 PM
For maintance washes I use Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus as it's an effective wheel cleaner for me. And with minimal aggitations to clean the barrels great. Then a big difference is that I buy it to over half of the price since I live in EU. When it comes to decon washes and gets baked in brake dust wheels to clean I first use a tar remover and then an acidic based wheel cleaner. That makes the work short as possible.

I think that you will be satisfied with the McKees 37 wheel cleaner. Many has have great success with it.