PDA

View Full Version : Removing Water Spots

lightsout66
05-12-2018, 08:39 AM
Ok so I spent all of last weekend on the car (Clayed,swirl remover,polish,then sealant)All Wolfgang looked great. Then the pollen landed a rain storm passed by then the sun came out and baked it all on real nice I finally got a chance to wash it this weekend but it left water spots on the paint. My question is there any way to remove them without doing the car all over again. Thanks Everyone

Buster906
05-12-2018, 09:24 AM
The is a product from OPT( Optimum Polymer Technology) Mineral Deposit Remover or MDR. Might be what you want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Goonie75
05-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Might be tedious to touch each spot and that might just add more to the problem. Just that each time you rub a spot you run the risk of just more scratches. Might be better off to polish and that sucks... I don't do a lot of coatings but I'm about to take a new job and the owner wants me to learn more. Things seem to not etch in quite so much or easily maybe with a coating. A lot will just slide off with water for example. Another thing to maybe look at is ONR. A little rub on the spots tonsee if that helps. Idk. Other more experienced will chime in as well. It may come down to specifically what kind of spot it is... best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

rlmccarty2000
05-12-2018, 11:39 AM
I never get any spots from rainwater and pollen. Could it be the LSP you are using? I have tried using CarPros water spot remover (spots from city water) and it did not help. I wound up polishing the spots off. Just a mild Menz 3800 polish removed the spots for me.

TTQ B4U
05-12-2018, 01:24 PM
CarPro Spotless. If that doesn't work, 3D Eraser Gel. You will likely have to reapply the LSP after 3D though but at least you won't need to break out the buffer.

lightsout66
05-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Thanks everyone I guess I’ll try the carPro spotless first to try and prevent having to reapply sealant.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-12-2018, 02:56 PM
+1 on the CarPro spotless. Must be done in shade though! Not in direct sunlight.

Hammer77
05-12-2018, 04:49 PM
I have had good luck with Gyeon Water Spot.

acuRAS82
05-12-2018, 11:09 PM
I’ve had water spots before on WGDGPS that I tried to get rid of with waterless wash, and it seemingly did not remove them. Then the next day they were gone.