PDA

View Full Version : Help with tank set up

Monsterdetail
05-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Hey guys so neither me or my partner are that good with plumbing. We are trying to figure out how to get our tank to a water pump to our powerwasher. We asked a guy at home depo lol but he told us its impossible that we will end up blowing the pipes because to much water is going though a big pipe to a small one.

How are you guys running yours?
What size piping do I need?

Thank you

Vanquish Auto
05-12-2018, 09:13 AM
We just use heavy gauge tubing with barb fittings on each end.

sudsmobile
05-12-2018, 07:13 PM
I'm not sure you need any heavy gauge tubing. I set my tank and pump up with standard garden hose fittings. Garden hose to the pump, garden hose out to my splitter (one hose to my pressure washer, one to hose for filling buckets). On my pressure washer I use a hose quick connect.

An electric pump doesn't put out any more pressure than your house water pressure, the guy at Home Depot, not surprising, doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

ducksfan
05-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Poor Home Depot workers. They make a little over minimum wage and are expected to have a professional's to engineer's knowledge of a whole cross section of product types. Does anyone ask a fast food worker for nutrition or culinary advice?

If going from a larger pipe to a smaller pipe would cause a blowout, every residential water service lateral coming off a 4-6" main line would have probably failed by now.

PaulMys
05-12-2018, 08:19 PM
Poor Home Depot workers. They make a little over minimum wage and are expected to have a professional's to engineer's knowledge of a whole cross section of product types. Does anyone ask a fast food worker for nutrition or culinary advice?

If going from a larger pipe to a smaller pipe would cause a blowout, every residential water service lateral coming off a 4-6" main line would have probably failed by now.

:dblthumb2: :laughing::laughing:

sudsmobile
05-12-2018, 08:37 PM
And just to elaborate, the reason I used garden hose fittings on my tank and pump is because if my delivery system fails, I can replace my ordinary garden hose with another ordinary garden hose. I carry a 6' spare with me, which is longer than any single run of hose in my setup.