PDA

View Full Version : Claybar or Autoscrub on Coated car

Whacky
05-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Would you ever lightly use a claybar or autoscrub on a car that is coated?

Any real downsides to doing that as far as the coating is concerned?

I ask because I did a complete full wash the other day on my coated car.
No decontamination soap, and no iron X, etc.
Just used my standard rinse, foam w/ CarPro Reset, two bucket wash with Reset, rinse, and Blow dry.

When I was using my drying aid, and lightly wiping it down, I noticed an area on the back right panel that felt almost like a car that needed to be clayed. Almost like fine contaminants.

In a couple days when I have time, I am going to use some Iron X, and rewash to see what happens.

But if that doesnt work, is there is downside to the coating if I do a light autoscrub over the area with good lubrication??

GEM65
05-11-2018, 10:22 PM
i would only use iron x, tar x, iron x soap etc... on a coated car [emoji4]

rlmccarty2000
05-11-2018, 10:27 PM
No clay. Clay is abrasive and may cause marring on the coated surface. Iron-x or Tar-x should take care of the contamination. Don’t let Tar-x sit too long on the coating or it will damage it.

STI4Life06
05-11-2018, 10:37 PM
Just use iron-x, clay bar will cause the coating to fail prematurely. The only coating safe clay bar I know of is 22ple but I have not tested. Normally for my own car and clients I recommend - treatment of iron x in the spring and in the fall right before winter. Doing that I never seem to have any issues with contaminates as long as the car is properly taken car of with routine washes regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk