PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna 3800 plus Polish angel escalate lotion?

fightnews
05-10-2018, 06:51 AM
Im going to detail my car this weekend. It's in very good condition just some light wash marring and a few deeper swirls here and there. I'm considering using my standard menzerna 3800 on a finishing pad followed by escalate lotion on a waxing pad?

Is this to redundant. I know 3800 can eliminate the swirls and clay marring no problem. I don't know if the escalate can. I'll do a test spot to find out but where it's a water based prep polish I doubt it will have the bite to remove anything.

Anybody with experience know how good the escalate works for removing defects?

Ronin47
05-10-2018, 08:11 AM
I would use one or the other not both.

fightnews
05-10-2018, 08:30 AM
I would use one or the other not both.

Well if I use the menzerna 3800 I would have to prep the paint anyway so I figure I might as well use the escalate to prep.

I just wish I knew if it was a diminishing abrasive or not so I know how long I have to work it. I would love to just do 4 quick passes and know it's fully broken down

Ronin47
05-10-2018, 09:07 AM
Both have ultra fine abrasives but Esclate chemically cleans too.

DBAILEY
05-10-2018, 09:24 AM
It would be redundant unless you are going to try to jewel the finish with the Esclate and the softer pad.

Try just the Esclate. You can get rid of fine marring with it. It had more cut than I thought it would. Crank up the speed at first then drop it down to finish.

DBAILEY
05-10-2018, 09:27 AM
I did a similar process on my own car a few weeks ago. I used HD Polish and polishing pad, then Esclate and black pad at slow speed and slow arm movements.

fightnews
05-10-2018, 09:45 AM
I did a similar process on my own car a few weeks ago. I used HD Polish and polishing pad, then Esclate and black pad at slow speed and slow arm movements.

How was that did u feel it was worth it? I will be jeweling with the softer pad

I'll do a test spot with just the escalate anyway

Ronin47
05-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Rupes Diamond which barely has any cut still cuts more than 3800, going by that the Esclate should be the viable option.

DBAILEY
05-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Well I'm a bit OCD when it comes to applying LSP's to a really clean surface. So the Esclate ensured it was clean. But I always think that a car that was polished twice with a finishing polish will always look better than one that was polished only once with a finishing polish. I think if I used HD Polish twice there would be improvements. All very minor, but improvements none the less. I think the Esclate would be finer than the HD but not sure about the 3800+.

Its your own car so why not try it.

fightnews
05-11-2018, 02:55 AM
Rupes Diamond which barely has any cut still cuts more than 3800, going by that the Esclate should be the viable option.

I disagree I use both all the time, Rupes diamond ultrafine has less cut then 3800 I've tested it and seen it with my own eyes.

fightnews
05-11-2018, 02:57 AM
Well I'm a bit OCD when it comes to applying LSP's to a really clean surface. So the Esclate ensured it was clean. But I always think that a car that was polished twice with a finishing polish will always look better than one that was polished only once with a finishing polish. I think if I used HD Polish twice there would be improvements. All very minor, but improvements none the less. I think the Esclate would be finer than the HD but not sure about the 3800+.

Its your own car so why not try it.

Just a time thing, I don't know if I want to commit to 2 polishes.