PDA

View Full Version : Are the suede applicators re-usable?

howardm4
05-10-2018, 06:33 AM
I just got some Gyeon LeatherShield which uses the suede applicators like most of the exterior coatings.

Are those suede applicators cleanable (I suppose yes if you clean them w/ APC before the coating sets-up) and reusable?

Mike Phillips
05-10-2018, 06:53 AM
I run all my applicators through the washing machine.

If they come out clean and soft I re-use them. If they don't I throw them away.

:)

mqdias
05-10-2018, 07:25 AM
Same thing with me. Honestly 80% to 90% of mine are not reusable

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Desertnate
05-10-2018, 07:42 AM
I run all my applicators through the washing machine.

If they come out clean and soft I re-use them. If they don't I throw them away.

:)

Do you have a bucket of water or APC solution to put them in immediately after use to keep the coating from hardening?

ducksfan
05-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Just my experience to date:

If you're interested in saving sealant/ coating infused towels, incorporate d'limonene in what you soak/ wash them. The more concentrated the better. Since d'limonene is expensive, that means soaking in baggies or small containers. You just have to decide if it's worth the time and effort.

I use Citri-solv or Citrol for d'limonene.

rlmccarty2000
05-10-2018, 12:56 PM
I toss the little coating applicators. Just too much trouble to launder the 4 inch squares. They turn hard pretty quick anyway. It can get expensive since they are at least $1 per applicator. To save money you could buy the larger suede towel and cut them into 4 pieces.

The Guz
05-10-2018, 01:17 PM
I just got some Gyeon LeatherShield which uses the suede applicators like most of the exterior coatings.

Are those suede applicators cleanable (I suppose yes if you clean them w/ APC before the coating sets-up) and reusable?

I ended up tossing mine out after using the leather shield on my seats. The applicator didn't turn hard like it does with some paint coatings. You won't be using all the applicators for one interior unless it's a large vehicle.

As mentioned buying the larger suede towels and cutting them down to size is a cost savings.

howardm4
05-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Can you give the URL for the larger suede 'towel' ?