PDA

View Full Version : Waffle microfiber cloth

sito
05-09-2018, 04:55 AM
Is waffle style microfiber cloth the best way to clean window glass?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
05-09-2018, 05:31 AM
Oh boy, everybody has their personal preferences. I personally have never found the "perfect" glass towel. Waffle weaves are very good though. One thing to keep in mind is try not to "dry wipe" the window, as the drag on the towel will pull some microfibers out of almost any towel style.

Back in the day a lot of people used a "Huck" towel, which was a style towel that was supposedly used in hospitals ("Huck surgical towel"). It was kind of like a restaurant linen napkin. Many detailing supply houses would sell them, not sure if you can even find them today. Anyway that had good "bite" and wasn't supposed to leave any lint.

fightnews
05-09-2018, 05:48 AM
I like the twist loop weave for glass. Regular all purpose microfiber works good too. Better then newspaper

PA DETAILER
05-09-2018, 05:58 AM
I have the ZAP CLOTH ready to try. Reviews are off the chart.

Wolfstein?s Zap Cloth (https://www.autogeek.net/zap-cloth.html)

BadRims
05-09-2018, 06:22 AM
One thing to keep in mind is try not to "dry wipe" the window, as the drag on the towel will pull some microfibers out of almost any towel style.

This happens to me all the time. Drives me crazy. Thanks for pointing it out. Going to try to leave it a little less dry next time and see if I can avoid water/chemical/mineral/whatever stains, streaks and lint.

DBAILEY
05-09-2018, 07:34 AM
I use waffle weave MF clothes to dry the windows. I like using the GG PFM glass towels recently (and a copy available at AZ) and a whole bunch of different satin MF glass towels to clean the dirt off first. I've got a bunch with a diamond shape pattern on them that have a good bite to them. I use that Stoners glass cleaning tool with the bonnets made of that same satin MF material for the windshield. You used to be able to find 3-packs of those bonnets at stores, but I haven't seen any in a long time. Glad I bought a bunch of them when they where available.

I keep about 5 different glass cleaners and the McKee's 20/20 on hand to handle any type of grime. And I've always have a few WW to choose from if needed.

I hate windows, but I don't have as many problems as many people seem to have.

FUNX650
05-09-2018, 07:52 AM
Is waffle style microfiber cloth
the best way to clean window glass?

•For me:
Waffle Weave MF-Towels suits
that purpose to a tee!

•Yet:
’For who knows what is best for man while
he lives the few days of his vain life, which
he passes like a shadow?’ ~Ecclesiastes 6:12

Bob

BadgerRivFan
05-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Waffle weave microfiber towels are still a great way to keep windows clean. I use them, but primarily have switched over to these dedicated glass towels from Griots...

Griots Garage PFM Dual Weave Glass Towel, Set of 4 (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-pfm-glass-towels.html)

Can't go wrong with either option imho.

UncleDavy
05-09-2018, 12:32 PM
I have the ZAP CLOTH ready to try. Reviews are off the chart.

Wolfstein?s Zap Cloth (https://www.autogeek.net/zap-cloth.html)

Zap Cloth is a superb product and it cleans without the use of chemicals. Sometimes I will finish the glass with a waffle weave immediately after the Zap Cloth. No streaks and no smears.

Mad Wax
05-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Definitely a waffle weave for the final wipe on glass.

Finick
05-11-2018, 02:11 AM
While I’d probably recommend waffle weaves in general, I think it also can depend on what you use to clean the glass.

I usually use a towel soaked in ONR and wrung out very tightly, followed by a waffle weave to dry, which works great.

However, if I’m using something like UWW+, I can get away with just using a regular towel because it leaves the surface so slick, which is something ONR has never really done for me.

If I was going to use a dedicated glass cleaner, I’d definitely just use waffle weaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk