PDA

View Full Version : CarPro – Essence Plus – Non Abrasive Gloss Agent

PeteT19640
05-07-2018, 11:26 PM
Hi has anyone used this product and thoughts please.

Can it be used as a final LSP? If so how effective is it.
Is it better than sealants, currently using Meguiars Fast Finish & WG DGPS 3.0?

I see that it can be used as a repairer for coatings, by machine and hand.

Thanks in advance
Peter

Ronin47
05-08-2018, 02:13 AM
Yes it can, however it does tone down gloss used on its own on some colours, however topping with Reload solves that.

fightnews
05-08-2018, 05:49 AM
I'd rather use the abrasive version

TTQ B4U
05-08-2018, 06:28 AM
Hi has anyone used this product and thoughts please. Can it be used as a final LSP? If so how effective is it.

It can not be used as a stand alone final product. If you're interested in something like that, use CarPro Essence. It's an excellent polish with some semi-permanant fillers to hide the microscopic polishing marks thus why they call it an Extreme Gloss Enhancer, finally it adds some SiO2 thus why it's also marketed as an All in One. I personally would top it with Reload and call it a day for a full season long sealant.

Overall, I'm not a fan of Essence Plus as I have found it's hydrophobic properties meh at best. If you have a coating that needs brought back to life, hit it with Geyon Can-Coat. It performs way better than Essence plus and will last 6-12 months with ease.

Is it better than sealants, currently using Meguiars Fast Finish & WG DGPS 3.0?

I would repeat what I said above. IMO if you're looking for a super fast LSP to replace sealants, Can Coat is the way to go. That's just me as I really enjoy coatings and for me Can Coat has been replacing Collinite 476 on entry level details that include just a basic clean and polish.

Ronin47
05-08-2018, 06:40 AM
@ TTQ B4U, CarPro states it can be used standalone, it is a sealant after all. However tend to agree with all others comments that regular Essence is the real gem. I can’t wait to get my Gloss meter in so I can test the same panels with Essence/Plus/Reload alone and as a combo and post my findings.

TTQ B4U
05-08-2018, 08:11 AM
@ TTQ B4U, CarPro states it can be used standalone, it is a sealant after all. However tend to agree with all others comments that regular Essence is the real gem. I can’t wait to get my Gloss meter in so I can test the same panels with Essence/Plus/Reload alone and as a combo and post my findings.

I suppose but that's different from when it first launched. I remember they stated they weren't sure of how long it would last and I still don't see a length of time associated with it. I may try it out again before I re-do my Infiniti. However, I'm targeting Memorial Day weekend to strip and re-do mine with Geyon Syncro.

The Guz
05-08-2018, 09:49 AM
CarPro posted this in their Instagram long ago and I saved it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180508/fbb572fe0d1e3cb17eeed411605554df.jpg

rlmccarty2000
05-08-2018, 11:40 AM
I’ll agree. Essence Plus decreased the gloss and beading when I tried it over CQUARTZ. Not really happy with it. I think it was made as a coating repair product more than anything else.

PeteT19640
05-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Thanks looks like not worth a try.
I would like to use coatings but its the repair or removal to recoat that puts me off. I have not got a machine and don't plan to buy one.
Is there any that can be repaired or removed by hand?
Can Geyon Can-Coat be used as coating that can be used as a LSP and use as a repairer by hand as well?

Thank you

DBAILEY
05-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Using the Carpro Essence and then Essence Plus together makes for a very good sealant. You may not get a full year, but 10 months is obtainable. It will give you probably the smoothest paint surface you've ever had on your car with the filling. I have sereral customers that really liked the combo last year and aksed me to use it again this year.

PeteT19640
05-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Using the Carpro Essence and then Essence Plus together makes for a very good sealant. You may not get a full year, but 10 months is obtainable. It will give you probably the smoothest paint surface you've ever had on your car with the filling. I have sereral customers that really liked the combo last year and aksed me to use it again this year.

Thank you
Is this a coating or a sealant, bit confused.
They both be used by hand?
The gloss with this combo how good is it?

Thank you

DBAILEY
05-08-2018, 03:24 PM
You get the best results from using a DA polisher. I wouldn't use it by hand. Sorry, I didn't realize you were working by hand. It is a coating/sealant hybrid in my mind. Much lower SiO2 content than a coating, but more than the SiO2 spray sealants.

zmcgovern45
05-08-2018, 03:33 PM
I was not particularly impressed with Essence Plus. I have a full review published on another detailing blog which can be found via a google search of "carpro essence plus review" if you are interested.